Author Topic: Organized Christmas Release 2010  (Read 5017 times)

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
Organized Christmas Release 2010
« on: November 09, 2010, 10:41:29 PM »
Last year, I think we had a lot of success with the massive Christmas release format.  There are a lot of great projects on the go right now, and I think it's a good idea if we organize such a thing again.  As we're going to be half-way through November very soon, this should provide adequate time for people/teams who want to be a part of the release to finish up their projects.  It might also be soon enough to bring some new blood into the fold and some old blood back by campaigning around on partner forums, as well as Filefront news and Insider.  A large enough release of high quality work is likely to garner some attention.

Please post in this thread what you intend to release, and I will append it to the list.  If you are certain it will be done, please indicate as such.  If not, also please indicate.

Note from Aces_High of BCFiles:
Just to make it easier on us at BCF, if you are planning on releasing a mod on Christmas, please say so in the description or readme so that there's no mistakes.
Also feel free to upload it a couple weeks in advance, we've got a time delay feature, so it'll still go up on Dec 25th.

As before, I'm going to chip in...

PROJECTS CONFIRMED FOR XMAS RELEASE

DJ Curtis
TNG Frigate
Damar Class Cardassian Warship
Abante Class
WIP Cruiser
Ambassador Variant
Surprise

Lurok91
Shuttle Bridges

WileyCoyote
Proteus Class

Baz1701
JJ Refits
Pre-TOS Constitution Class

PROJECTS TENTATIVE FOR XMAS RELEASE

Locke
Regal Class

MarkyD
Runabouts

Lurok91
Runabout Bridges

Vladko1
Prometheus Class

Eclipse74569
Steamrunner Class

WileyCoyote
Enterprise D

Baz1701
TMP Bridge

Sovereign001
High Quality Planet Textures

Offline Locke

• Cookies: 36
  • Cannot find REALITY.SYS - Universe Halted
Re: Organized Christmas Release 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 12:31:20 AM »
The Regal Class should be finished by the middle of December, although it should surely go into the "Tentative" section.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 12:41:34 AM »
Thanks, Locke.  Added.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 01:50:43 AM »
I will be releasing a BC background mod.

One comment if I may... please all make sure that if you are ready to release something that you're working on, that it be thoroughly tested and for lack of a better word, as "bugless" as possible.

I can't begin to say how many times I've downloaded something that stated in the read me "none that I know of" in the "bugs" section and inevitably, quite a few of us definitely found some bugs... and many of these were apparently beta tested. Even though I make backups of all my BC installs, it sure would be nice if the mods we download just work, period. I also obviously know that we're all human and not everything always works perfectly but there are quite a few mods out there that pretty much work perfectly for everyone so... it is possible.

So, if we all suddenly feel "rushed" by this Christmas release and you feel that your mod is just not quite 100%, then keep it on your system until you feel real, real, good about it.

I by no means don't mean to sound harsh or demanding but hey, no one likes to go through the hassle of returning the defective toy on Xmas... especially when we're all so excited about the gifts in the first place.

Hope this doesn't offend anyone.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 05:42:07 AM »
One comment if I may... please all make sure that if you are ready to release something that you're working on, that it be thoroughly tested and for lack of a better word, as "bugless" as possible.

And on that note, please also put some WORK into it as well. Meaning, don't just cobble together a model without proper smoothing and what not, throw on a few textures (lacking in details, low-res etc), and call it finished. Take your time and make GREAT mods, instead of what could easily result in MEDIOCRE mods due to lack of time investment, or "attention to detail".
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 05:41:16 AM »
Could bridges also be included?   I was thinking of releasing  the 3 shuttle bridges as a pack and one poster said release for Christmas.
May also be a few more bridges. 

One problem is that I may not be around/near computer then so would have send a package download link to whoever was organising the release.... if they wanted the bridge pack included  :)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 07:16:47 AM »
hm...if I could actually get people to beta some of my catch pack (only the Wojtyla is actually left)...

mabey I'll actually play with the Mercy and Hope as well (a couple of Kitbashes)
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 09:47:57 AM »
Could bridges also be included?   I was thinking of releasing  the 3 shuttle bridges as a pack and one poster said release for Christmas.
May also be a few more bridges. 

One problem is that I may not be around/near computer then so would have send a package download link to whoever was organising the release.... if they wanted the bridge pack included  :)
You bet they can be included.  Also, you can upload to BCFiles and early and just say it's for the Xmas release.  Starforce and the crew will know what to do.  They always do.

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 02:28:37 PM »
Both versions of the runabout will be done by crimbo but I will need someone to HP (i can convert to.nif)  :bitch:, a very underated job, still an important one so if there are any takers.  :thumbsup:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »
Both versions of the runabout will be done by crimbo but I will need someone to HP (i can convert to.nif)  :bitch:, a very underated job, still an important one so if there are any takers.  :thumbsup:

If that's the case, mark, should def try and have runabout bridges done too.  Your Rio looking great and about time had a bridge to go with it  :)

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 03:11:57 PM »
If that's the case, mark, should def try and have runabout bridges done too.  Your Rio looking great and about time had a bridge to go with it  :)

If your doing the bridge you should send me the mesh and I will use it to render the windows so it shows the inside accurate to what ur buliding  :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing it  :dance

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 03:24:42 PM »
If your doing the bridge you should send me the mesh and I will use it to render the windows so it shows the inside accurate to what ur buliding  :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing it  :dance

I'll pm u a link. Looking forward to RG also  :dance

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 04:42:02 PM »
I've added the Runabouts to the tentative list.  Should I add the Runabout Bridge to the tentative list as well?

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 06:22:58 PM »
I've added the Runabouts to the tentative list.  Should I add the Runabout Bridge to the tentative list as well?

Please do  :)  I'll try and get beta tested asap.   Shuttle Bridge Pack tested now, so also ready.   

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »
For now I can make the Prometheus class for christmas. DJ, add my prometheus for the christmas pack :P

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 10:14:38 PM »
Make the prommie tentative, because i have to HP it, and i wnat to do really well!
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 10:19:21 PM »
Ok, this will give me motivation to work on this...

I can try to get the Steamrunner I'm working on finished by christmas  I'll just re-release it in the pack once I'm finished with it!  I just need to finish the textures and update the HP to fit the resize...on top of changing the windows.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 10:32:23 PM »
Prometheus and Steamrunner added to the tentative list.  Please let me know in this thread or via pm when they're ready to move to confirmed.

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 11:17:13 PM »
I was thinking of doing a series of missions for QBG where you as the captain, command the ship through the dominion war, from start to finish. I did a couple missions, but I'm kinda stalled right now. Anyways I could throw that in for the christmas release if anyone is interested, I just need to get by the writers block

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 01:27:42 PM »
Put my Proteus on the list for Definite for X-mas release and my Enterprise-D as tentative.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com