Author Topic: Finally back for good.  (Read 1016 times)

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
Finally back for good.
« on: October 30, 2010, 01:44:16 AM »
I am finally back for good, I picked up a new Toshiba Gaming Laptop and well, plan on modding my game once more. I got a new hard disc copy of Bridge Commander with a Fresh install on the system. I am currently downloading the latest KM build and have a question, is there a torrent anyplace with all the BC ships on it? I need to torrent and install them, but unless there's no torrent, anyone willing to loan me all the current ship files (Whoever has them all) that makes them show up in game once more. Thanks, and I missed you guys  :)

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
Re: Finally back for good.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 01:52:25 AM »
As far as I know there's not a torrent of all the ships, but the latest build of KM has a good deal of ships in it. And good choice of laptop, I love my Toshiba. And most of all Welcome back!
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »
Thanks, what's the latest build for KM? I tried downloading the beta but the torrent says that it will take like forever to download lol with the infinite 8 symbol.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 12:36:43 PM »
2009.12 and it's patch are the latest KM.  it's a bit big (over a gig), but worth it, as there's been a LOT added.

but...ALL the ships? about 25 % of the ships would overwrite themselves (there's a lot of "obsolete" files, now) and cause giga-crashes.

OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 12:46:19 PM »
Alright, I just wanna hop back in ASAP without having to download like everything again lol, also once I download this, can I download the new DS9 Fx without causing any crashes to this or is that included?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 04:23:36 PM »
if I remember right, DS9FX is integrated.  since I have to shut 75 percent of the KM mods off just to run anything (ancient graphics card), I'm not completely positive.

why didn't you save your downloads?  I saved every one of my downloads, hardpoint repairs, betas, and my own releases, in case either I have a catastrophic loss or a windoze crash.  thanks to having worked with windows since 3.11, on comps since at least 86, and video games in general since the early eighties, I'm a bit "ingrained" with the idea of saving everything :P

depending on how long you've been gone, there are probably thousands of new ships waiting.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 05:55:45 PM »
Well I'll start redownloading tonight starting with the front page. I would of saved them all but my computer went krash on me lol

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »
also once I download this, can I download the new DS9 Fx without causing any crashes to this or is that included?
yes you can install DS9FX-Extended over KM...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 04:30:54 AM »
Hi there mate ;) glad you're back :D

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »
Alright, I just wanna hop back in ASAP without having to download like everything again lol, also once I download this, can I download the new DS9 Fx without causing any crashes to this or is that included?

Xtended is not included in KM, older version however is.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign