Author Topic: Dissapearing Phasers  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Dissapearing Phasers
« on: October 22, 2010, 03:48:18 PM »
Here's an odd one. Lately, for reasons completely unknown to me, when I'm fighting an enemy (for example a Cardassian or Dominion ship, among others), their phasers will fire but for some reason the texture will not show up, so you hear the phaser firing, see the shield impact on your own ship, and suffer damage, but no texture as if it wasn't firing. Has anyone else had issues like this and if so how do you fix them?

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
Re: Dissapearing Phasers
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 05:14:32 PM »
Does this only happen on certain angles or always?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 05:36:56 PM »
some textures tend to disappear when used for Phasers. i run into this a lot with TMP ships and Baz's various JJ's.  if a phaser texture isn't a solid line, it tends to disappear.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 06:45:26 PM »
Does this only happen on certain angles or always?
Certain angles. I thought it was my graphics card settings but that was a no-go.

some textures tend to disappear when used for Phasers. i run into this a lot with TMP ships and Baz's various JJ's.  if a phaser texture isn't a solid line, it tends to disappear.
This only started happening recently, before that I hadn't seen anything like this in my installs in the 7+ years I've been playing.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 09:23:46 AM »
This only started happening recently, before that I hadn't seen anything like this in my installs in the 7+ years I've been playing.

odd, I have this happen constantly.  but I'm also running a Graphics card that was designed to work with BC when it was first released, so...

segmented phaser textures disappear for me.  i know it's the textures assigned in the hardpoints, because I attempted to create a texture for my own ships beam weaponry, and I only get half the effect before it turns into a solid line.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »
Certain angles.

Happens to me too. I think it was like this from the start.