Author Topic: Using downloaded ships in game play?!  (Read 1024 times)

Offline perrinej

• Cookies: 0
Using downloaded ships in game play?!
« on: September 25, 2010, 06:24:17 AM »
I have KM 1.0 and it works fine and every thing. I downloaded the 24th century NXrefit and i added it to the program files, but i cant seem to find it. A friend told me i can only use it during moded games? but i dont know how to make a mod game and is that only for multiplayer or can i use it in quick battle too.

to wrap it up i want to use the ship....i need to find out how though

thanks for any help

Offline Captain_AusDutchy

Re: Using downloaded ships in game play?!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:05:08 AM »
Most likely the ships TGL file isnt installed making it NOT show up in your quick battle menu, BCUT has a mode specifically for creating the ships pluggin, do you have BCUT???

Also the ship you downloaded may have come with a folder called Ship TGL or something similar, if so, place the file in the appropriate folder and it will work

Offline perrinej

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 07:18:35 AM »
hey i dont know what BCUT is care to explain? and i put the ships TLG or whatever in to the TGL folder next to the folders that say quickbattle and maelstrom....but it still didnt show up any explanation

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 07:25:49 AM »
Most likely the ships TGL file isnt installed making it NOT show up in your quick battle menu, BCUT has a mode specifically for creating the ships pluggin, do you have BCUT???

Also the ship you downloaded may have come with a folder called Ship TGL or something similar, if so, place the file in the appropriate folder and it will work
TGL file has nothing to do with ship showing or not showing up in quick battle ;)

You need to paste DATA, SCRIPTS, SFX folders containing mod to BC main folder then overwtrite when asked.

ship showing up in quick battle menu depends ONLY on custom plugin from Scripts/Custom/Ships folder

Offline Captain_AusDutchy

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:46:48 AM »
**hides face** whoops, i always thought thats what the tgl was *eek*

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 10:58:59 AM »
that's ok ;) TGLs are I think for in game ship descriptions but I might be wrong since I never used these on my ships ;)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 10:59:52 AM »
that's ok ;) TGLs are I think for in game ship descriptions but I might be wrong since I never used these on my ships ;)

yeah that's what they were used for.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline perrinej

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 12:39:15 AM »
ok i downloaded the century ship and i got that to work but this NX one is still tricky

i have four folders in the file there is data and scripts which i know i just copy and paste in to the program file and over ride. but there is still the ShipTGls folder which inside is the NX classrefit.TGL and i dont know where to put it!?!
then there is a folder for Orginial bridge commander hardpoint script which inside is NX classrefit.py and i have no clue where that goes!!?

so

Orig BC hardpoint folder=NXclassrefit.py.....where does it go in the program

ShipTGLs folder=NXclassrefit.TGL.....where does this go.

lol this stuff is all very confusing lol so any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 03:52:32 AM »
Hehe I hear you, I remember how confusing BC was for me at the very beginning so don't worry ;)

That orig hardpoint folder is most likely an original hardpoint which was modified, author put it there so you can choose between those two versions.

Again, you don't need that TGL at all to run this ship :)

You need to download Bridge Commander Universal Tool (BCUT), there is a very easy to use plugin creator, you'll just have to point it into a set of files concerning the NXrefit, I'll give you more details when you need them but first get  that BCUT.