Author Topic: Gran Turismo 6  (Read 11437 times)

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
Re: Gran Turismo 5
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2011, 11:08:44 PM »
Recently released tunes for Viper ACR and Ford GT'06
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 260
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
my driving test is monday... if I pass, I'll be entering GT Academy straight away haha.

Offline Lionus

« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2011, 04:17:56 AM »
WOOT! PSN is starting to get back online as of today. New firmware is already available for DL. :dance :yay:

My love
I know
Love,
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
Remember, remember me."

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2011, 08:21:39 AM »
some of the rumors concerning the crash of PSN have come out.

apparently, the system went down due to a "denial of Service" attack on sony by an "anti-anti piracy" gang called, ineviably "Anonymus, Inc" in revenge for their persecution of the guy that tried to hack his way into the PS3's hardware and software.  this all went too far, and straight into theivery.  I bet real theives took advantage of the anti-anti piracy group :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »
Keep your eyes peeled for GT5 1.10 Update over the next few days! Btw, just to show you two of my cars that I really like...

and

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2011, 03:57:04 AM »
an Audi R8 and a Ford Focus? not bad looking, but the focus is essentially a suped up rolling matchbox, and an R8... well i really cant rip on that car.

personally my favorites are a 67' GT500, and a Pagandi Zonda R...
wait.... im still stuck on NFS:S

id hate to tell you guys, ive played BOTH GT and NFS:S2, sorry.... NFS:S2 is... well an orgasm on a CD, not as many cars mind you, but..... WOW. im IMPRESSED with EA for once in what.... 10 Years?
not to take the merits form GT, as i ONLY scratched the surface with its entirety, but i still was drawn more toward NFS:S2.

not to say i wouldnt eventually own both... after i get a new system... (mine died)
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »
No no, you have a point man... I am rather disappointed with GT5, I mean I still love it... but I don't think it's anywhere near a finished game... =(

Having said that, I'm eagerly waiting news from E3 about the new GT update? I am hoping it is HUGE!

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2011, 06:08:42 PM »
well, an article DID say KY wanted 2 more years to polish...the fandom sure as heck wouldn't take THAT.
meanwhile, there's been an argumnt and breakup, and I've lost access to a PS3 to PLAY GT5, so *shrug*
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »
I've lost access to a PS3

dont feel soo bad, i lost my job and had to take mine back to rent a center.... now i have 10 games, 2 controllers and NO system... :(
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2011, 12:34:38 PM »
Ouch... that sucks... sorry guys...

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2011, 04:19:47 PM »
wait...you can get em at RAC?  *fistpump*
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2011, 06:06:12 AM »
lol

Guys, gotta do the Lightweight K Cup seasonal on the mini Madrid course! 287k every 3 mins!!! I've managed to finally get an F1 car (the F10)

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2011, 10:52:20 PM »
- WARNING - RANT BELOW
I wish PD didn't spend so much time on shittastical timewasters like the Prologue and the GTbyCitroen etc. etc.

Then they could've made a polished game and maybe even cleaned up the menus and made it so you didn't have to get another coffee.

The way I see it:

Forza 3 is superior in:
+Damage
+Tire physics
+Cars (less of them but + Porsche and all 500+ of them are finished products rather than 200/1000...this one could be personal preference)
+Menus, load times and Interface
+Tuning
+Car sounds
+Environment graphics
+Most car graphics
+Plays better with a controller

GT5 is superior in:
+Car physics
+Driver aid customization (Skid recovery force is slightly less bullshit compared to autobrake in Forza...not that I use either :D)
+In-game music
+Tracks (Made-up tracks are superior as is the Nordschleife compared to Forza plus a wider selection)
+Online play
+Premium car graphics
+Plays better with a wheel

When my bro was (back) off to college this summer for workstudy and asked for one of my consoles to keep him company...the PS3 (and GT5) was the one to go.

I might be rather a prick right now as I have the good fortune to have both consoles...with some of the people here having lost access to one...

Anyway Forza 4 is going to leave GT5 in the dust...and it'll be First Contact with the Vulcans by the time GT6 is released
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2011, 12:12:11 AM »
I'd like Forza if it wasn't XBox exclusive.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2011, 08:40:25 AM »
now, now, don't start a forza vs GT in here.

and you know why it's not completely polished, yet.  fans only wait so long before they start griping.  btw, some of us ONLY have controllers to play with.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »
Kay...sorry man now I feel bad I posted...no offense meant!

6 years is quite enough time...a lot of which was wasted, I s'pose, that's beside the point.

Anyway I still love Gran Turismo but my fondest memories are with GT2 & 3 (which I still play quite often!).

To add the the discussion of this forum, I've been having a really hard time deciding which le Mans car to buy in GT5. Votes and advice would be appreciated!

Offline Lionus

« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »
787B, case closed.

My love
I know
Love,
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
Remember, remember me."

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2011, 04:26:37 PM »
no, it's KY's obsession with detail that takes so long.  there weren't many cars added after Prologue, and we're STILL waiting for DLC.  a lot of them are rehashes of the GT4 cars and direct ports of GT5P's.  throw in the fact that he ADDED details like damage, working windshield/windscreen wipers, parking lights, high beams, WORKING backup lights, full interiors, customizable racing suits, fully articulated characters, day night tansitions, a cutomizable track maker...the man has put uber effort into actually LISTENING to the players, and regularly visits the GTPlanet forums of which Lionus and I are both members (and I've been there since 2005).  the only thing he really hasn't taken up is customizable race liveries.  I even think I got MY point across, as I kept harping on the point of including info on the cars a la GT2 (which had been removed from GT4).

as for LeMans cars?  well, I rarely run them even in GT4.  I play with Kei cars.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2011, 05:20:30 PM »
no, it's KY's obsession with detail that takes so long.  there weren't many cars added after Prologue, and we're STILL waiting for DLC.  a lot of them are rehashes of the GT4 cars and direct ports of GT5P's.  throw in the fact that he ADDED details like damage, working windshield/windscreen wipers, parking lights, high beams, WORKING backup lights, full interiors, customizable racing suits, fully articulated characters, day night tansitions, a cutomizable track maker...the man has put uber effort into actually LISTENING to the players, and regularly visits the GTPlanet forums of which Lionus and I are both members (and I've been there since 2005).  the only thing he really hasn't taken up is customizable race liveries.  I even think I got MY point across, as I kept harping on the point of including info on the cars a la GT2 (which had been removed from GT4).

as for LeMans cars?  well, I rarely run them even in GT4.  I play with Kei cars.

You're obviously a lot more experienced that I am man (and I mean that sincerely! I'm really sorry if I offended you)...but I guess we'll agree to disagree. I do agree some of the detail is phenomenal, like the cockpits of  but there are frayed edges like the R8 5.2's engine bay actually having the engine of the 4.4 and the 2-dimensional trees and generally uninspiring environments in tracks like Deep Forest and the 'Ring, not to mention the GT4 rehashes.

How come Turn 10 can release a game in two years, and a year later have 10 DLC packs of 10 cars each...with all the cars 95% as high-quality as the Premiums in GT...and PD can't?

Answer: Sony.

It can't be all KY's obsession to detail.

Damn corporate.

Lionus, rotaries are balls, but I couldn't resist my favorite car ever: McLaren F1 GTR.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2011, 08:14:05 AM »
This should be DLC:

To Boldly Go...Again.