Author Topic: Star Trek fan from poland need help...  (Read 1024 times)

Offline PawelKult

• Cookies: 0
Star Trek fan from poland need help...
« on: August 22, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »
Hello.
I just find this site and i see there is so many mods from bridge commander that i decide to play this game once again. But there is so many mods that i am a litle overwhelmed. First mod that call my attention is DS9FX Xtended. I have no problem with instal this and its work fine but i read that should be new campain here. I cant find any option to start it from menu level and becouse its require NanoFX mod there are no option to save game even in standard campain. Only thing i can do its go to test mod, fly to DS9 location and take some mision. Is there any way to start this new campain with capability to save game, maybe after finish standard campain or while plaing standard campain. Maybe i need some other mods to do this.
Maybe you can recommend me some mods that allow me play some story that i can save. Maybe there is some way to connect DS9 campain with standard campain ?

(I find patch for NanoFX to sp campain but it stil cant save game)

Sorry for lousy english...

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
Re: Star Trek fan from poland need help...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 10:10:09 AM »
If I recall, a number of mods pretty much destroy the single-player 'story mode'; the only mod I can remember that works well with it is BC Supermod 3, which was specifically designed to work with it. I think NanoFX has always made it impossible to save the campaign.

The DS9FX campaign can be reached by going into "Quick Battle" from the main menu, and going to the DS9 system.
To be able to do both you need 2 seperate installs of Bridge Commander, one can have many mods installed, however the other I would only install BC Supermod 3 on.

BC Supermod 3 can be found HERE
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline PawelKult

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »
I just install KM mod and there is some save and load option in quick battle but not in campain. So all this mod allow to do some single missions but there are no any actually campain to play ? I can also play mission from campain but when my ship is damage in one mission it wont be damage when i start next mission :/

Now i have KM and game crash constantly :( I try to instal DS9FX Xtended now, maybe that help.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »
umm what version of KM did you install?
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline PawelKult

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 11:56:16 AM »
Last version. There is crash fix option in DS9FX Xtended and game dont crash any more.

But i have some other problem. when i instal only DS9FX there was option to chose DS9 ships in quick battle and when i start QB i could fly to DS9 system or anywhere, now i dont have nothing to chose under Set Course and there is now DS9 shpis selection. No matter witch option i chose:

Load and save option is gone now.

How to instal this right to play mission of DS9 and whith optiotion (image) give me abble to fly anywhere and use that save option.

I just cant engulf all of this :D

I dont instal foundation, I  assume that KM contain it, maybe thats the problem. I add it right now. Nothing change.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »
Only thing i can do its go to test mod, fly to DS9 location and take some mision.

How to start missions is explained in the tutorial and the manual FAQ. Start QuickBattle->warp to DS9->and hail DS9.
From there select Border Skirmish or Old Rivals which are 2 campaigns with 15 missions in total which follow a progressive story.

Is there any way to start this new campain with capability to save game, maybe after finish standard campain or while plaing standard campain. Maybe i need some other mods to do this.

No save or load capability with a modded BC.

Maybe you can recommend me some mods that allow me play some story that i can save. Maybe there is some way to connect DS9 campain with standard campain ?

There are none with modded BC, only mod which adds some new missions to BC is DS9FX.

I just install KM mod and there is some save and load option in quick battle but not in campain. So all this mod allow to do some single missions but there are no any actually campain to play ? I can also play mission from campain but when my ship is damage in one mission it wont be damage when i start next mission :/

KM load and save will not allow you to load and save DS9FX missions.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline PawelKult

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »
How to start missions is explained in the tutorial and the manual FAQ. Start QuickBattle->warp to DS9->and hail DS9.

I watch that tutorial, the problem is I cant set any course. (my last post)

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 12:11:03 PM »
Make sure that DS9FX mutator is active.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline PawelKult

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 12:39:56 PM »
Yes, that was the problem, mutator was on but nothing was selected... Thanks

One more, control settings wont to save.

How to change mouse speed in game ? And is there some mod to allow scrool menu with circle on mouse ?

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »
One more, control settings wont to save.

That's a problem with KM, check this thread: http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?topic=4548.0
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline PawelKult

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 01:03:52 PM »
Thanks you all for help :)