Author Topic: Nav Lights  (Read 584 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Nav Lights
« on: August 16, 2010, 10:22:28 AM »
I'm hardpointing yet another ship, and decided to look up how to set up nav lights, and where they belong.  however, every boat and aircraft has a different spec for these depending on its kind.  i used image search to get a basic idea (it included shots of nav light kits for enterprises NX, 0, D, and E) but I can't figure out which spec setup trek commonly used, watercraft, aircraft, or a combination of both.  could someone give me a hand, here?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: Nav Lights
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 03:12:16 PM »
Well [red= port]  green= starboard] but some time a texturer gets busy on these ships and forgets [very easy to do] so as asn HPer you need to follow the model\textures.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Nav Lights
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 05:12:01 PM »
the model's from a TOS novel, right on the edge of TMP, called "Dreadnaught!"  it's based on a single Keith Birdsong (?) painting (it might even be a Boris Valejo) used as a cover for the novel.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet