Author Topic: Screenshots/POTD  (Read 831 times)

Offline DKealt

• Cookies: 4
Screenshots/POTD
« on: June 22, 2010, 06:02:54 PM »
For the upcoming Stargate Pack I really want to make a series of decent shots to promote its release. The final product is still a while away but I want to do it justice with the run up to its reease.

How do people get some of the shots they do that get posted on various sites like 'BCFiles'?

I know how to use the standard F9 camera functions and the stationary cam trick (F5 when no target selected), but are there any other methods to help me get the shots I want?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Screenshots/POTD
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 06:07:36 PM »
Depends exactly what you want.

Most shots these days, you have an extra ship (like a shuttle or my favourite, the TARDIS) floating around. If you load BC in TestMode, you can open up the console panel with the "?" button and type in a code that can resize models and make them invisible. I don't bother to do that so I blast the TARDIS so much so that it just disappears :P Then you set up your ships in position, transport over to your invisible ship and just float around and take pictures.

You can also EditMode (also found in the console (I think) of Test Mode) but...thats not my area of expertise. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline DKealt

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »
Ahahaha that's an awesome trick, didn't know that one!!!

The main issue I had was getting a shot that didn't centre my ship and I can control it firing at a particular target

But any other suggestions are still welcome

I want as many options as possible!!! :)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 08:16:24 PM »
Ahahaha that's an awesome trick, didn't know that one!!!

The main issue I had was getting a shot that didn't centre my ship and I can control it firing at a particular target

But any other suggestions are still welcome

I want as many options as possible!!! :)

There is a script that comes with one of the many versions of KM (I forget which) that allows you to control the position, speed and rotation of your ship while in the various cinematic modes. I think it's called CinematicHandlers or something along those lines. I did have it in my install, seperate from KM but it recently got deleted somehow. :(
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »
You can get CinematicInterfaceHandlers from here. You will also need bcdebug.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 05:08:42 PM »
As for the Edit mode trick, type Edit() into the console. The captial E is important.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!