Author Topic: fursWiPs: TMP Enterprise  (Read 24402 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: fursWiPs: Suez
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2011, 06:39:06 PM »
Love the detail on ship, esp interior.  I'm sure one or two low poly figures standing at a wall console would work  :)

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »
Love the detail on ship, esp interior.  I'm sure one or two low poly figures standing at a wall console would work  :)

Agreed,,,,or at least an ensign looking as though he is cleaning the windows,, :D

I think you've done a great job so far. She's coming along great. :thumbsup:

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2011, 11:39:52 PM »
well if it isnt a TNG version of the old Okinawa class frigate from the first SFC. Diggin the look

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2011, 08:50:32 PM »
Love the look, and the interior work!

I think the windows would benefit from being smaller, and slightly rounded (even just beveled at the corners).  Shrink them vertically, if you want to keep the TMP look. I get that you want people to see your interiors, and they will, but smaller windows would make it more believable, imo. Leave a few biggies here and there for the observation lounge and the recroom, etc...
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2011, 11:01:42 PM »
Love the look, and the interior work!

I think the windows would benefit from being smaller, and slightly rounded (even just beveled at the corners).  Shrink them vertically, if you want to keep the TMP look. I get that you want people to see your interiors, and they will, but smaller windows would make it more believable, imo. Leave a few biggies here and there for the observation lounge and the recroom, etc...

:yeahthat:  :D
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2011, 02:45:49 PM »
well if it isnt a TNG version of the old Okinawa class frigate from the first SFC. Diggin the look

Ahhh thats where I have seen it..    :thumbsup:

Great job  mate, love the enterior work too.  :)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2011, 10:25:55 PM »
hows this going? We close to an hp ready item yet? Oh and still need to know if i need to make individual hp's for all these excels or of the models match and they just need different fx, power (or if u want to handle that?)
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline furswift

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2011, 05:55:41 PM »
hows this going? We close to an hp ready item yet? Oh and still need to know if i need to make individual hp's for all these excels or of the models match and they just need different fx, power (or if u want to handle that?)

Yeah I'm done with this model. I understand the requests for smaller windows, but I wanted to show off the interiors (maybe on the TMP version). Sue me if I want to use artistic license. :P

As for the Excelsiors, they're pretty much identical in terms of weapons and systems placement. You can use your best judgement as to how much faster/more powerful each ship is. I'm still debating on whether or not to give the Lakota actual phaser turrets on the impulse engine and on the lower aft of the saucer. The studio model had no such turrets, and the model I made is already really high poly. Maybe just have beams emit from "nowhere" like on the show.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2011, 07:31:16 PM »
Sue me if I want to use artistic license. :P

*hires a slew of lawyers* :P

The ship is actually nice :) I likes :D
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2011, 07:44:12 PM »
Just read this WIP through - it's all amazing; the Executor (good luck btw! I really want to see that brute in BC), ISD, TIEs, Excelsiors (oooohhhhhh they're beautiful) and the Suez (cute  :D)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2011, 08:22:43 PM »
Yeah I'm done with this model. I understand the requests for smaller windows, but I wanted to show off the interiors (maybe on the TMP version). Sue me if I want to use artistic license. :P

As for the Excelsiors, they're pretty much identical in terms of weapons and systems placement. You can use your best judgement as to how much faster/more powerful each ship is. I'm still debating on whether or not to give the Lakota actual phaser turrets on the impulse engine and on the lower aft of the saucer. The studio model had no such turrets, and the model I made is already really high poly. Maybe just have beams emit from "nowhere" like on the show.

Ok, you want to start on the oh I guess we call it "pre-fit" for tmp era right away? probably by the time that is textured I'll have the current slew of tmp's I got partly finished over here done and I can hit these both at the same time. Need to decide on a size though. 180m Sound good to everyone? The oberth was 190 or was it 170? I don't have my fleet chart links here. Seriously, nitpickers and nerds...here's your chance to have imput. just give a valid arguement for the size you think it should be. my guess is somewhere around oberth sized.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »
Just read this WIP through - it's all amazing; the Executor (good luck btw! I really want to see that brute in BC), ISD, TIEs, Excelsiors (oooohhhhhh they're beautiful) and the Suez (cute  :D)

I think the Executor is supposedly on the back burner big time.  Blame the thing's massive size.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2011, 10:32:44 PM »
,,,,,,,, Need to decide on a size though. 180m Sound good to everyone? The oberth was 190 or was it 170? I don't have my fleet chart links here. Seriously, nitpickers and nerds...here's your chance to have imput. just give a valid arguement for the size you think it should be. my guess is somewhere around oberth sized.

I would agree with that, judging by the oberth style engines, it would be close to that length wise.

That's this NitPicker/Nerds opinion anyway. :D

Offline furswift

« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2011, 01:14:43 PM »
Thanks, everybody.:) Yeah, the Executor crashes the game whenever it takes damage due to the size of its vox nif, but I can't compromise on the size; it would defeat the purpose of the whole thing. If I could disable or fix the damaging I would release it.

Anyway the Suez has been scaled to my Excelsior, which is the same size as Wiley's Excelsior. The ship is quite small (or the Excelsior is quite big?) I think it is Oberth size, and least that's what I had in mind when I built it. Here's an orthograph for visual comparison.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2011, 01:25:04 PM »
Thanks, everybody.:) Yeah, the Executor crashes the game whenever it takes damage due to the size of its vox nif, but I can't compromise on the size; it would defeat the purpose of the whole thing. If I could disable or fix the damaging I would release it.

Anyway the Suez has been scaled to my Excelsior, which is the same size as Wiley's Excelsior. The ship is quite small (or the Excelsior is quite big?) I think it is Oberth size, and least that's what I had in mind when I built it. Here's an orthograph for visual comparison.

I believe there IS a way to disable damaging, but I don't know how.  Visible damage was the one thing that held back Lint's early releases.  If you can do that, then good on ya, I don't think visible damage on something that big is that important anyways.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline DMWalsh79

• Cookies: 8
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2011, 01:49:46 PM »
Awwww she's so cute compared to the Excel.   Good work Fur can't wait to get her in game!
"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, And say my glory was I had such friends" W.B. Yeats

"When one is dealing with monsters, He must take care not to become one himself" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »

God you really are Lint! Super-gorgeous, gorgeous no-compromise, gorgeous ships...which crash the game  :P

No seriously these are terrific and I can't wait to see what Starforce gives them
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline genty

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »

The damage can be reduced, what you need to alter is the file in the scripts/ships folder. I think setting some of the values to 0.0 disables the damage but I'm not positive as it's been a while. I think this would work for disabled damage though I can't test it.
Code: [Select]
pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameHigh"], 4,  1000.0, 0.0, 0.0, 400, 900, "_glow", None, None)
pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameMed"],  4,  5000.0, 0.0, 0.0, 400, 900, "_glow", None, None)
pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameLow"],  4, 10000.0, 0.0, 0.0, 400, 900, "", None, None)
As you can see there are 6 sets of numbers on each line, each one controls something different.
1st number is the pickleafsize, no idea what this does but the value is lower on the Starbase than on a ship
2nd number is the switchout distance
3rd number is the Surface Damage Resolution, the bigger the number the lower the res I think, that's the way it looks when comparing the fedstarbase to the sovereign file. I think 0.0 disables it though.
4th number is the Internal Damage Resolution, rest same as the 3rd
5th number is the Burn Value
6th number is the Hole Value
For the 5th and 6th numbers I noticed no difference between the fedstarbase and sovereign files.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2011, 07:39:53 PM »
can anyone put a properly scaled oberth in that pic?
Read my mod blog!

Offline furswift

« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2011, 08:23:31 PM »
Hells yeah! It worked! :yay:

Thanks to genty's tip, I was able to disable the damage on the Executor. This means the furswift Imperial Ship Pack is back on track! Though the ship shows no visible damage, you can still see explosions while you strafe, which is good enough for me. I tried different values to reduce the damage resolution, but nothing worked. So no damage it is unless someone can tweak it in the future. Tiqhud was porting these, but the damage issue wouldn't go away. Hopefully he can pick it up again.

Cookie for genty.  :bow: