Author Topic: Hobbs's WIP  (Read 42417 times)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: Hobbs's WIP
« Reply #900 on: April 13, 2017, 05:14:47 AM »
cheers guys nearly finished now if anyone has any suggestions please post them.

my boy likes it however he asked for a new paint job
here it is:  :facepalm:

and my preferred version:
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #901 on: April 13, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »
A few texture tweaks:

Add RCS thrusters

Also be sure to add transporter emitters:
http://ussenterprised.blogspot.com.br/2014/04/em-construcao-o-transporte-extra.html

Tweak the blue parts on the nacelles, look to images of the sovereign for inspiration
http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/nemesishd/nemesishd0203.jpg

The glow is a radial gradient, with the ribbed surfaces in the nacelle hull effecting the light, the energy ripple overlay is less defined and more cloudy.

I like the design some aspects of it remind me of the Envoy class I built years ago.
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline hobbs

« Reply #902 on: April 13, 2017, 03:18:46 PM »
A few texture tweaks:

Add RCS thrusters

I didnt even think of that till you mentioned it lol been gone too long from modeling i fear lol

Also be sure to add transporter emitters:
http://ussenterprised.blogspot.com.br/2014/04/em-construcao-o-transporte-extra.html

Tweak the blue parts on the nacelles, look to images of the sovereign for inspiration
http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/nemesishd/nemesishd0203.jpg

The glow is a radial gradient, with the ribbed surfaces in the nacelle hull effecting the light, the energy ripple overlay is less defined and more cloudy.

I like the design some aspects of it remind me of the Envoy class I built years ago.

will do and the design top down view at least was all my son... may be he saw your ship when i was using it lol
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline hobbs

« Reply #903 on: April 30, 2017, 03:11:32 PM »
so i think this is finished:

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #904 on: May 01, 2017, 10:33:50 PM »
niiice
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #905 on: May 02, 2017, 05:13:37 AM »
Thank you neb... I started looking at editing the model though lol
Also need to sort out the hp etc...

Offline hobbs

« Reply #906 on: May 05, 2017, 08:45:49 PM »
Ok everyone the Uss Mason NCC 26610 is ready for beta testing if anyone wants to test it for me before release :)

Offline Kophjaeger

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #907 on: May 07, 2017, 03:37:31 PM »
Looks like a very nice piece of work! Texture wise, I love the accenting with the tan. Were you going to put texture accenting on the bridge unit? That's really all I see. Nice detailed mesh.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #908 on: May 07, 2017, 05:55:27 PM »
Looks like a very nice piece of work! Texture wise, I love the accenting with the tan. Were you going to put texture accenting on the bridge unit? That's really all I see. Nice detailed mesh.

Thank you I am pleased with it :) i may continue tweaking the textures till i get a beta tester but for now here are some renders (the screen shot shows the speculas)

but another specula shot is below

Offline Kophjaeger

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #909 on: May 07, 2017, 07:27:38 PM »
I would do some beta for you... but I don't even have BC :p.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #910 on: May 08, 2017, 06:00:54 PM »
lol i understand... it can still be found on Amazon and Ebay :)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #911 on: May 08, 2017, 10:22:17 PM »
I'd test this beaut, but my install hates me >.<

Offline hobbs

« Reply #912 on: May 09, 2017, 05:40:03 AM »
Whats up with your install?

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #913 on: May 09, 2017, 07:33:12 AM »
60FPS camera and mouse movement 10FPS everything else.
Windows 10 screwed it up fierce and nothing seems to fix it, it's basically unplayable...  :banghead:
And thats when it wants to launch, 9 times out of 10 I just get a D3D error and immediate CTD.  :bitch:

Offline newhalo123

• Gamer, Trekkie, Metalhead.
  • Cookies: 211
  • Gamer, Trekkie, Metalhead.
« Reply #914 on: May 09, 2017, 04:40:23 PM »
60FPS camera and mouse movement 10FPS everything else.
Windows 10 screwed it up fierce and nothing seems to fix it, it's basically unplayable...  :banghead:
And thats when it wants to launch, 9 times out of 10 I just get a D3D error and immediate CTD.  :bitch:
Damn, that sucks. My install works fine* here with Windows 10. Obviously, it's still unstable as hell and crashes seemingly at random from things that should work perfectly, but otherwise it works fine. (for like 20 minutes.) :icon_lol:

I'd do some beta testing, but, all I'd end up doing is flying the ship into a massive battle that ends up crashing halfway through because the game's gears explode at random.
My install is also particularly unstable. I could add a massive mod and be fine, but install a ship and the whole thing goes BSOD. Vice versa as well. Though I suppose that's just normal BC behavior, huh? :funny

Ship is looking good hobbs!
"Live long, and prosper." -Leonard Nimoy 'Spock' (1931-2015)

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf herder! " -Carrie Fisher 'Leia' (1956-2016)

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #915 on: May 10, 2017, 07:58:26 AM »
yup, its a complete load of crap, only thing I havent tried is copying over my install from my windows 7 laptop which I know works, the laptop is just crappy and cant run it well cuz intel chipests suck.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #916 on: May 12, 2017, 01:17:27 PM »
Hi  again so im looking at hping this ship and somone elses... ive looked at the sfrd spec sheet and it occurred to me that when tiqhud and the rest of the team created the phaser damage we designed it on the premise of the type x phaser from the ent-D.
 So in the tech manual it states that the standard type x phaser as seen on dorsal saucer is made iup of 200 segments each with out put of 5.1 MW thus giving about 1020 MW when a phaser beam is emitted.
Now my question is if a ship has a smaller type x phaser with less segments doues it produce a less powerful/damaging beam?
In regards to the game we use the rated segment out put 5.1 for the type x  and multiply by 200 to get a damage output for game use

Also should a smaller phaser array have a shorter beam duration.

And thanks for the praise on my sons ship :-)

Offline hobbs

« Reply #917 on: August 23, 2017, 05:27:10 PM »
Ok so i dusted of my modeling bug and came up with this...

Offline hobbs

« Reply #918 on: August 29, 2017, 04:24:19 AM »
It's my attempt at giving the bajorans a starship... Any thoughts?

It's obviously based on the bajorans assault ship... My plan is to try and combine some fed tech, cardasian tech and bajorans design. It would be a multi mission ship.
One tech difference would be weapons that use cardasian tech... So the main deflector is used as a phaser but also the sensor segments would incorporate the same tech.

If I need to redesign completely let me know.
Cheers all

Offline hobbs

« Reply #919 on: October 06, 2017, 04:03:13 PM »
ok so i decided to retexture one of the shuttle bridges (the Venture Scout) with my own take on lcars for my non-trek ships. (hope its ok to do this lurok)