Author Topic: Hobbs's WIP  (Read 44900 times)

Offline Saquist

• Cookies: 24
Re: Hobbs's WIP
« Reply #680 on: January 13, 2014, 01:59:43 PM »
Voyager has a scanning range of  15 light years
Ive theorized that astrometric sensors are merely a subspace mapping feature.  It's not real time but rather subspace view of the Stars of the Milky Way...No different from an array of infrared telescopes that see at light speed. 

Only at the speed of Subspace instead of light.
Obviously that's different from active scanning where you are attempting to decipher the contents of your immediate space.

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
« Reply #681 on: January 13, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »
Was there any info on Enterprise D's astrometrics lab, the Generations Movie galaxy had to be the same if not slightly better than Voyagers. It was designed for long range exploratory missions, I doubt intrepids could out scan a galaxy class vessel, it was very limited on nearly everything.

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #682 on: January 13, 2014, 02:50:20 PM »
actually i think its better but ill reasearch lol

and any other thoughts on my textures lol
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline genty

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #683 on: January 13, 2014, 06:02:43 PM »
One detail you could add to the textures are transporter emitters. I've noticed even the Enterprise E has small ones on the top and bottom of the saucer.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #684 on: January 14, 2014, 01:58:20 PM »

the yellow things on the bottom of the secondary hull and top of saucer and 2 more above the afr saucer phasers are my transporter emitters
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline hobbs

« Reply #685 on: January 26, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »
ok here is the newest update while i hope to have a final beta report soon

can anyone give me a new class name for this one?

Offline Kophjaeger

« Reply #686 on: January 26, 2014, 12:02:31 PM »
Vanaheim class.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #687 on: January 26, 2014, 12:08:35 PM »
so far thats the winner lol (i like it too)

edit: still winning i think even though the girlfriend has said "Quest Class"

edit2: so far i have the following:

Vanaheim Class
Quest Class
Inquiry Class
Encounter Class
Revelation Class
Inquirer Class
Nomad Class

Offline Eloi

• Cookies: 67
« Reply #688 on: January 26, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »
I like Vanaheim.  Something different, but sounds good.
USS Scott download - http://bit.ly/Y4pmbR

Offline hobbs

« Reply #689 on: January 26, 2014, 06:27:18 PM »
I like Vanaheim.  Something different, but sounds good.

lol and what about the ship itself lol

Offline Saquist

« Reply #690 on: January 26, 2014, 11:45:23 PM »
Was there any info on Enterprise D's astrometrics lab, the Generations Movie galaxy had to be the same if not slightly better than Voyagers. It was designed for long range exploratory missions, I doubt intrepids could out scan a galaxy class vessel, it was very limited on nearly everything.

The lab itself was used for just about everything on Voyager but it's really no different from Stellar Cartography.
The real difference is the tools the lab uses ie sensors.  We know very little of Sovereign, but we do know Galaxy had a range 10 light years and Voyager 15.

I would say that the Galaxy could use is vast array system to look at far more blocks of space (do more work at once), While Intrepid could bring phenomenon into crisp detail because of the palettes.  (Much how Scientist will use multiple Radio Telescopes around the world to peer into one anomaly with super fine detail.)

Hobbs,
I would say that your ship is enough of a departure from Star Fleet norm to begin creating your own unique hardpoint style.  Think of ways to upgrade abilities of particular items and imagine what it would look like according to what you want it to do.
Sensors Long range/short range, Targeting sensors
Emitters (tractor beam, mooring, energy transfer, phasers)
Hatches, Gangways, Bays, ejection
Lifepods

It's a lot to think about but the details can have a unique way of molding your final product.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #691 on: January 28, 2014, 04:01:04 PM »
yep im working on those details... i hope to have those things incorporated in the future

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #692 on: January 28, 2014, 06:21:33 PM »
The lab itself was used for just about everything on Voyager but it's really no different from Stellar Cartography.
The real difference is the tools the lab uses ie sensors.  We know very little of Sovereign, but we do know Galaxy had a range 10 light years and Voyager 15.

I would say that the Galaxy could use is vast array system to look at far more blocks of space (do more work at once), While Intrepid could bring phenomenon into crisp detail because of the palettes.  (Much how Scientist will use multiple Radio Telescopes around the world to peer into one anomaly with super fine detail.)

Hobbs,
I would say that your ship is enough of a departure from Star Fleet norm to begin creating your own unique hardpoint style.  Think of ways to upgrade abilities of particular items and imagine what it would look like according to what you want it to do.
Sensors Long range/short range, Targeting sensors
Emitters (tractor beam, mooring, energy transfer, phasers)
Hatches, Gangways, Bays, ejection
Lifepods

It's a lot to think about but the details can have a unique way of molding your final product.

Intrepid class had actually far better sensors than the galaxy class ship.

Galaxy class= Hulk
Intrepid= Iron Man.

Voyager even had the best sensors of the fleet + stellar cartography thanks to Borg tech and 7of9.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #693 on: January 31, 2014, 02:50:27 PM »
soon this ship will be released :D

thanks to genty for the screen shot

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #694 on: January 31, 2014, 03:10:07 PM »
Looking good, Hobbs. :thumbsup:

Offline hobbs

« Reply #695 on: February 01, 2014, 05:20:34 AM »
thank you my friend :D

Offline hobbs

« Reply #696 on: February 02, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
the ship is released as the:
USS SURVEY A
Vanaheim Class

Offline hobbs

« Reply #697 on: February 03, 2014, 02:52:59 PM »
well the ship is out there now on to the next project  :D

these are next starting with bottom left

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #698 on: February 03, 2014, 02:57:56 PM »
Great work on the Survey Hobbs!

The one picture on the bottom left looks an awful lot like one of DJCurtis's older ship designs (I can't remember specifically which one) so I would do some research first before you tackle that ship... might need to contact DJ and get permissions.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #699 on: February 03, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »
Mark Kingsnorth based his Insignia class on that concept.