Author Topic: Hobbs's WIP  (Read 43251 times)

Offline webxro

• Cookies: 0
Re: Hobbs's WIP
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2010, 03:17:08 PM »
Because it would be cool to rotate , well at a low speed , but still cool , and because it's round , but sure it great as it is  :bow:

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2010, 03:39:58 PM »
cheers mate

(wow i've never had a " :bow:" before... makes me  :dance)
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Locke

• Cookies: 36
  • Cannot find REALITY.SYS - Universe Halted
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »
You could make an animated texture set (much like folks do with bussards) that sits inside the ring and "rotates".

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2010, 06:04:52 AM »
o.O But the nacelles still wouldn't roatate

Offline bankruptstudios

• Cookies: 60
  • Xander = Host, Co-Host, Producer and Editor
    • Holo Suite Magazine
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2010, 06:14:03 AM »
Wow, buddy, This is shaping up very nicly, cant wate to see her in game :thumbsup:

Offline hobbs

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2010, 05:10:15 PM »
weird thought i'd posted this already lol

bank~ thank you :)

(edit: just in case you cant tell that's a four nacelle variant for any quad-nacelle fan boys out there lol)
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2010, 05:23:03 PM »
i like XD hobbs can i talk to you on yahoo at the next chance you get?

Offline hobbs

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2010, 05:27:17 PM »
new WIP

its an updated version of the sentinel

lol i just been looking through the old posts on this thread... i forgot about how much i like the newer version of my nx sentinel

Offline Hellsgate

• Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
  • Cookies: 2
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2010, 10:09:17 PM »
I don't like the quad-nacelle design that much as it should have the Dauntless or the Prometheus-class style arrowhead 'saucer section' to homage the D'Kyr-Class Vulcan Cruiser from "Enterprise".

If you're not going to get rid of the Sovereign-Class ovular saucer, then slide the slipstream initiator forward to where the Captain's yacht and/or the torpedo launcher usually sits dead center in the middle of the saucer's ventral side or locate it in the very forward tip of the saucer a-la the NX-01's nav deflector. If you're going to do an annular warp ring, than please stop tacking sovy nacelles on it...choose one, the ring or the X-positioned regular nacelles on pylons and stick with it. You can put in a shuttlepod launch bay in aft of the saucer or an Arrow-Class launch bay in the usual spot under the saucer.  

If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2010, 11:30:49 PM »
umm Hellsgate the ring isn't a warp field generator/engine.... it's there for a phaser bank.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2010, 01:34:04 AM »
I really do like the quad-nacelle version. IMHO, the dual nacelle version seemed lacking in department that was important..  ;)  :funny

Oh, and Hellsgate.. Constellation-class, Cheyenne Class and quad-nacelle Excelsior prototype had oval/round saucers too. Dauntless was an alien vessel, this it doesn't follow the Federation design principles that closely, and Prometheus is an experimental battlecruiser designed against Borg threat which led to the un-orthodox approach..
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline hobbs

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2010, 02:17:59 PM »
hmmm.  lionus is correct its ring for a phaser to be placed, also the ship has nothing to do with vulcan ships. And there are no soverign nacelles ''tacked'' on. I dont even like the sovie that much.

(Sorry if i seem a bit deffensive hellsgate but i felt like i was being told off)

One other thing.... It has no slipstream dont know where you got that idea from. :lostit:

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2010, 02:32:37 PM »
hmmm.  lionus is correct its ring for a phaser to be placed, also the ship has nothing to do with vulcan ships. And there are no soverign nacelles ''tacked'' on. I dont even like the sovie that much.

(Sorry if i seem a bit deffensive hellsgate but i felt like i was being told off)

One other thing.... It has no slipstream dont know where you got that idea from. :lostit:

they got the slipstream idea by the shape of the deflector....
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2010, 05:51:28 PM »
hmmmm well i was going to update this but due to sods law when i tried to save my update (ie: preliminary texture) Gmax crashed and the window shut down... lol only about 1 or 2 hours of time wasted.
 :mad:  :cry:

Offline bankruptstudios

• Holo Suite Magazine
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2010, 06:53:58 AM »
Not really, go to documents, gmax, and look for autoback. It automatically backs your progress. :thumbsup:

Offline hobbs

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »
 :bow: thankyou

Offline bankruptstudios

• Holo Suite Magazine
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2010, 04:17:51 PM »
any time

Offline Hellsgate

• Cookies: 2
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2010, 11:18:25 PM »
Hobbs: Can't wait to see where you go with your project from here. I apologize for getting your back up & making you feel that i was telling you off. I just don't think you need an annular warp-ring style design for the phasers. They should be positioned to be able to give you 360 degree hull coverage, front to back and 360 degrees around its waistband without needing to build a secondary hull specifically for improved weapons / sensor arc coverage.
If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »
Hellsgate: no friend i should apologise i read too much into your post, i'm proud of my ship but appreciate your comments.
I however must say this... its my ship and i'll have a ring hull if i want to
 :funny

again my sincere apologies

Offline hobbs

« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2010, 02:03:57 PM »
well its a double post but...

I think i'm going to redo my ship... (still with ring hull, sorry hellsgate   :P)

i'm basically redoing the saucer again.