Author Topic: Hobbs's WIP  (Read 43253 times)

Offline Locke

• Cookies: 36
  • Cannot find REALITY.SYS - Universe Halted
Re: Hobbs's WIP
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2010, 12:38:17 AM »
(i am suprised you still talking to seeing as i forgot about your ship HP)

Are you kidding?  I don't quit giving out wretched advice just because someone forgot about something.  It takes more than that to piss me off. ;)

As for the registry: make that blue almost black.  Something like 16,0,0 should about do it.  If you look at the reg's on most Starfleet vessels, they're very dark, even in bright light.  What texture program are you using?  When I get a new font, I just install it in my main font directory for Windows and start up PaintShop Pro.  That usually does the deed.

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2010, 01:49:46 PM »
thanks locke :)

yeah a famous web search program found me that info lol should have been obvious lol

i'll try that darker colour.

i use paint, paintshop and gimp depending on which i can figure out how to use lol.... mainly paintshop at the moment.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline hobbs

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »
hi
heres my latest update (not textures)

i have added my version of RCS thrusters

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Hellsgate

• Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
  • Cookies: 2
  • Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
Just my $0.02, but I like this version better with the nacelles (permanently) tucked close to the hull.

I don't like this design too horribly much.

I like the modular nature of it but the nacelle pylons scream "shoot here first" (unless you include phaser strips in the forward / aft edges of the pylons for improved firing arc.)

If you're going to build ventral modules like the oberth into this design, make them 75% to 80% embedded into the hull. Like the Danube-Class runabout's modules for relatively easy swap-out without needing an entire spacedock crew.  Includes an improved tactical profile if you don't leave it dangling in the wind.

Or, if you're going to leave in the "dangling" Oberth-style ventral module, especially without plausible/feasible landing gear supporting the weight on the nacelle pylons and the neck leading to the ventral module...please include an Enterprise-A style neck-embedded torpedo launcher or miranda-class style phaser cannon right between the secondary hull and the module that fires both fore and aft simultaneously to dissuade pursuers such as pirates / jem hadar.     
If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2010, 06:45:11 PM »
thanks for the advice :)

here is my newest

HSphinx Work Pod

an engineers dream  :funny

edit: i think i'll add some windows to the ventral side. mirroring the 3 large ones.
note your head as a pilot is in the top canopy.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »
that seems a little large for a workpod, doesn't it?

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »
maybe it's meant, to also carry an engineering team, with EVsuits.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2010, 03:45:24 AM »
I like the pod, look forward to seeing it textured  :thumbsup:

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2010, 02:03:43 AM »
hi
heres my latest update (not textures)

i have added my version of RCS thrusters

Tilt the pylons down a tad so the nacelle plane is slightly below the saucer, then shorten the pylons by 1/3.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline hobbs

« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »
that seems a little large for a workpod, doesn't it?

the canopy on the top is where the pilots head is

maybe it's meant, to also carry an engineering team, with EVsuits.

cool idea :)

I like the pod, look forward to seeing it textured  :thumbsup:

thank you, i mean it hi praise from the master runabout builder !

Tilt the pylons down a tad so the nacelle plane is slightly below the saucer, then shorten the pylons by 1/3.

the following pic shows the pilons are tilted

Offline hobbs

« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2012, 06:49:02 PM »
here is my newest design
http://photobucket.com/ussgriffinST

any thoughts welcome

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2012, 08:09:11 PM »
Very... sleek.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2012, 06:47:55 PM »
Well here we are... I am now officially beginning full modelling, texturing and hard pointing my own ships, any advice is welcome but bare in mind i have spent many hours on the forthcoming ships.

The first set of WIP pics are for the (to be renamed) NX SENTINEL (Version 4) 92410 Border/System/Star base Defence Ship, but i present the original through to the current design:

1st is the Nx Sentinel (Version 1)  

2nd is the Nx Gaurdian (sentinel Version2)  

3rd is the Nx Sentinel (Version 3)  

4th is the USS Aegis (Version 4)  

also i am attempting to do another design that is not a ship as such:

and here is the link to the album: http://photobucket.com/ussgriffinST

Some information on the design:

The original concept was to develop a shuttl sized defence ship utilising the standardised saucer design, the NX sentinel and NX guardian are both the same height as two runabouts, and about 2.5 wide.

the concept proved problematic due to the power requirements and the limited space for a large enough warp core and other systems. the conclusion was to develop the shuttle sized vessel into a larger design, thus was born the Nx sentinel version2, again there were problems with the size of the vessel to the power requirements and so another redesign was undertaken and the USS AEGIS was the result, about as 1/3 shorter than the Intrepid class starship but just as wide, it has only 5 decks (1: Bridge, 2: crew quarters, 3-5) Engineering and ship systems location and control)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »
please note, I am already testing these, giving some suggestions, and intend on retextuing NX Sentinel.  the Aegis is ready to go as far as I'm concerned.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline hobbs

« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »
please note, I am already testing these, giving some suggestions, and intend on retextuing NX Sentinel.  the Aegis is ready to go as far as I'm concerned.

yes you are :D but you and tiqhud are the only two to report on it. need more info on her abilities, scale, performance, look, possibility of releasing.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »
Hi
a new WIP
This is an old one aswell but i have been working on an update so here she is from first flight to current stage
link for the album: http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u383/ussgriffin/

new version

current WIP

Offline hobbs

« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2012, 10:37:11 PM »
the USS SURVEY is finished... other than a few minor tweaks on the hp should be released in the next 8 hours

any comments are welcome.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2012, 10:49:36 PM »
What's your policy on retextures?

Offline hobbs

« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2012, 10:54:54 PM »
my policy has change as of this moment:

original policy:
1) No modifications of any sort without contacting me and getting my permission.

new addition to policy:

2) No requests in regards to changing any aspect of my work until after it is released to the community via BC Filefront or other such entity.

:D :funny

is it really that bad?

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »
I didn't find anything wrong with it. True, it has more colors than your usual dull, boring UFP schemes but I welcome it as refreshing.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek