Author Topic: NanoFX and Widescreen  (Read 702 times)

Offline tay4432

• Cookies: 0
NanoFX and Widescreen
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:17:25 PM »
Having recently decided to play through BC single player on my new system and try to enhance single player with some of the mods available, I install a fresh copy of BC. Then as my monitor is a widescreen (1680x1050), I check around and found out the way to make BC display at this resolution:

http://forums.filefront.com/st-bc-modding-editing/386237-widescreen-1680x1050-hack-howto.html

I followed these instructions and got BC to work in the correct resolution and could start a single player mission no problem, but then i installed the NanoFX v2 mod, and when I again tried to start a mission, the game would crash. Having examined the BC installtion directory, I have found that the cause of this crash is the fact that following files:

WeaponsDisplay.pyc
LCARS_640.pyc
SystemIcons.pyc
mainmenu.pyc

...keep reappearing if I delete of rename them, and so prvent the *.py version if these files modified to make widescreen work from being used by BC, causing the game to crash when trying to enter a mission.

I am assuming this is due to some part of the NanoFx mod, So I was hoping someone could give me advise on how to tweak the files or this mod (and possible anyothers that would do similar things), so I can use them with a widescreen resolution.

Can anyone offer some help?

I am running:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
6GB Ram
700MB HDD + 1.5TB HDD
ATI HD 5800 Video Card

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: NanoFX and Widescreen
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 08:42:55 PM »
install the latest version of KM ;)
it has widescreen support (i think that may be on of the resolutions supported)...

also - NanoFX (and pretty much all mods) isnt really compatible with Single Player...
you could try BC Supermod 3.0 (search it at BCFiles); i think that mod has some Nano support, tho ive not tried it personally...  also, it calls for a really good system to run it...

Offline tay4432

• Cookies: 0
Re: NanoFX and Widescreen
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 04:48:02 AM »
Okay the, how would I either:

A) Modify the BC Supermod files to allow widescreen support
B) Configure the KM mod to improve the single player experience
C) Install and configure both mods so I can get the widescreen support from KM and the improved single player visual and features of the Supermod
D) Run BC in Windowed mode, but be able to move the window rather than have it stuck to the top left corder of the screen and have any attempt to select teh window get you stuck back in it.

Any suggestions?