Author Topic: bsod  (Read 962 times)

Offline keltrick

• Cookies: 0
bsod
« on: March 18, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »
big help please im trying to us a stargate ship pack v3 but keep getting a screen with my yellow federation badge curser on a black screen iv copied all the files into the relevent places and tried to use bcmi but it wouldnt work so i used bcmp with just the supergate and it said the file was succsessfully downloaded however i just get the blank screen please help me i am inches from putting a  hole in my computer screen

i am using windows 7
and could you dump it down a bit i aint that good at ict cheers

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: bsod
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:07:26 PM »
first, we would need a console report...  check the stickied threads to find out how to obtain one...

second, get rid of BCMP and BCMP - they are old, outdated and buggy...   use Bridge Commander Universal Tool aka BCUT instead - it does everything those other programs did, and alot more :)

third, i have a feeling i may know why youre getting the BSOD - and chances are it is a missing FMine_AI script...  if thats the case, when you post the screenshot, we'll link you to where to get it :)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »
first, we would need a console report...  check the stickied threads to find out how to obtain one...

second, get rid of BCMP and BCMP - they are old, outdated and buggy...   use Bridge Commander Universal Tool aka BCUT instead - it does everything those other programs did, and alot more :)

third, i have a feeling i may know why youre getting the BSOD - and chances are it is a missing FMine_AI script...  if thats the case, when you post the screenshot, we'll link you to where to get it :)

Or..
He could just read this.
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php?topic=6404.0
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline keltrick

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 07:08:47 PM »
ok heres the test screen

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 07:25:26 PM »
Did you download and install ALL the mods that are required to make the Stargate ship pack work properly?

Also, you don't actually need to do anything with BCUT in order to get the stargate ships in-game. You just need the Foundation mod that comes with BCUT. Foundation makes BC 'mod friendly'.

The following is required to make the Stargate ship pack run properly, in this order:
BC official 1.1 patch
Foundation (comes with BCUT)
MVAM Infinite
Foundation Technologies
NanoFX 2
F_MineAI.py (if you dont want to install KM1, I have included F_MineAI.py in its own folder. http://www.filefront.com/15709555/Open-me.zip/ )

I suggest that you make at least 2 installs of BC in seperate locations on your harddrive so that you can always revert to a basic install of the game if something goes wrong.

IMHO, it is always best to install script based mods first.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline keltrick

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 07:33:39 PM »
ok im just going to uninstall everything and start again

Offline keltrick

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 09:28:46 AM »
still not working heres the latest report

Offline JimmyB76