Author Topic: Oh I out did myself  (Read 773 times)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
Oh I out did myself
« on: February 14, 2010, 04:21:32 AM »
I wish I had the time and skill to make mods (acctually with 2 broken ribs and a broken collar bone I have plenty of time since I can't go back to workfor a while, thats another story) I've been messing with hard points to ships, trying to balance canon with fun, I truely out did myself this time. I've been messing with the ENT ships made myself I nice package. I started with the NX ship pack, Juipter ship pack, intrepid, Romulan BOP, Klingon pack, Xindi ships (anyone make the Reptian/xindi ship yet?) Surak, Surrok (makes a nice science ship), Dkyr, and the Kumari (they one that only uses phasers. I did lots of work re doing all the hard points of the Klingon pack, both Vulcan ships and the Kumari and made myself a very canon like yet still very fun to play with fleet. God I miss work, I hate being out of commision

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Oh I out did myself
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 05:51:33 AM »
Ouch, yeah I know how it feels to be out of comission, it sucks tho at least you have more free time ;) sounds cool, perhaps you should share your work on BCF ? or combine all these mods with your updated HPs and make ENT pack ;)

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 02:13:08 PM »
I've thought about it, I wish I knew how to hard point, that Kumari really needs some torpedos

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 02:25:23 PM »
So you need to open HP you want to add torpedos to, go to 'Property' tab -> 'Show Template List', then you'll have on right side all the properties added to HP, click rightside 'NEW' and choose 'Torpedo System' from the list and add it, then click new again and choose 'Torpedo Tube' (depending on how many tubes you want you add desired amount of Torpedo Tube property).

Ok, next, close all lists, and in the main window on the left side where property list is click 'Add Property', find Torpedo System<name depends on what you wrote> add it to HP along with Torpedo Tubes.

Then you need to configure torpedo system and allign it anywhere you want, then allign torpedo tubes to positions from where you want them coming.

That's all I guess

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 04:07:38 PM »
That sounds sooo simple :funny I was thinking of reading some of the how to threads too. I swapped some torpedos scripts since the suraks toredos were wicked strong. The Klingon pack I'm still toying with, those ships could go toe to toe with most anything in the KM1.0 so they needed alot of work (more than I'm used to at least) to get them close to what I wanted. I ended up using the pulses from the PreTOS Rom BOP so help even the fire out. If I get around to it I'll even everything out some more, get a hold of everyone that needs to be notified and premission needed and maybe do a ship pack or a hard point pack for them

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 04:32:51 PM »
I just came off a 9 month work lull myself, so I also know how you feel.

however, the Kumari I grabbed is ALL torpedoes.  watch the Dkyr and Surak, though, they get wasted pretty quick by TOSers
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »
Well I read up on the Vulcan ships, basically the Surak is pretty much the Sovy of the ENT era, is the fastest, most powerful, toughest, most advanced ship known. According to Memory Alpha, the Dkry is a battle cruiser, strong, it can beat a season 4 NX, but not without taking damage. The Kumari is on the same level as the Dkry, but the shields are weaker, but the hull is tougher and their weapons are a little more powerful. A Surak can beat a Dkry or Kumari while take somewhat of a beaten, the Dkry vs Kumari is usually a 50/50 battle, and I have to fly a season 4 NX very well to beat either the dkry or kumari