Author Topic: ultimate providential hybrid goof!  (Read 600 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
ultimate providential hybrid goof!
« on: January 16, 2010, 12:35:08 PM »
i decided to do some tweaking to the card hybrid's hardpoint to give it slightly better phaser coverage.  what I ended up with in the end is one of the most interesting and usefull foulups I've ever run into.

in the midst of using the MPE, i brought up the ambassador's hardpoints (both the original and my own tweaked version) to use as refrences as to how I'd increased the speed of the ships.  what i forgot to do was diable the MPE before bringing them up.  4 hardpoints fused together!  i now have a cardy hybrid bristling with something like 16 beam weapons and 7 torpedo launchers, with a mix of the manuverabilities of all four impulse engine sets, PLUS the weapons I added myself in the MPE!  :funny

this is just too good not to keep.  now it really IS a Hybrid :funny  i'm gonna fix this providential mistake, swap the fed style phasers around and relocate their positions to actually come from the hull, redo them in a mix of Compressors and Poleron beams, and beef the total torpedoes (it whipped through 200 antimatter torps in ONE battle).

I am attaching the PY.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
Re: ultimate providential hybrid goof!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 05:16:27 PM »
LOLZ :funny

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 05:18:03 PM »
I accidentally did that once with the Shaandra and its refit hp. I got a ship with Early TNG and NEM weaponry. It was weird but awesome. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 07:23:59 PM »
I've allready refit and moved the loose phasers and torpedo launchers to proper spaces.  now, if I could get it to recognise the fact I added a second torpedo script (it really DOES whip through torpedoes)

Edit
 Dalek: i had a look at the Shaandrra  that is the UGLIEST set of nacelles that ZZ could pick to drop on a refit Connie-A!
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet