Author Topic: USS Falmouth Design  (Read 6269 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: USS Falmouth Design
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »
I'm not sure if its the angle of the picture but those phaser arrays aren't symettrical to the ones on the other side of the saucer.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline cinqnic

• Starforce Productions
  • Cookies: 246
  • Cinqnic Member of Delta Force M.A.C.O. STO
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2010, 03:24:28 PM »
angle of the phaser in that picture was off, but here are the twos ship that will be hard pointed, still texture work to be done

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »
Eh for both I'm thinking with the second one is take the 5 phaser strips and move them further out so they meet the color break where the gray and blue meet and increase their lenght so it pay dues to the Excellsiors 5 phaser arrays but meets half way too the Ambys 4 longer phaser strips that sit farther out on the saucer. Thats if anyone understands what I mean at least

Offline cinqnic

• Starforce Productions
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2010, 04:12:52 PM »
i do and i ve moved them

Offline Martyn_Myst

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
very nice! i like the ship on the left above its looks more like when the feds were moving from partial array to full array but remember don't make the phasers to big because it is set before the ambassador not after so the arrays can't be much bigger the the ambassadors

i think the phasers under the bridge though look to much like emitters and look stupid compared to the rest of the ship
"the starship doesn't make the man, the man makes the starship" - Starfleet military annum

Offline ARSE

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2010, 12:28:28 PM »
Hi all back now got to catch up. Cinqnic have you put the lower set of torps in beneath the nav deflector? If not I don't mind although I would like to see them there.  I've noticed you haven't yet lowered the forward section of the nacelles yet please could you do that ta. LOL!. I love the new look torp launchers and I believe you have rescaled the ship at least it would appear so given that the windows now look a lot better.  The phasers I like the current idea I just feel that the darker hull section now no longer has a purpose and the saucer hull colour should be the same as the rest and then add a few more WINDOW (left that word out before and I've only now realised idiot!) textures, or add visible escape pods in darker hull sections but make the patches smaller just around the escape pods. I think the phaser arrays should be a little longer or more of them. Definately alter the darker hull pattern texture it just looks like its lacking detail in these areas or alternatively just add windows and escape pod hatches in these areas.

Thats about it for the designers input and critique other than can we have a few more pics (ideally all angles e.g. PRT STB AFT FWD DORSAL and VENTRAL) just so I can get a better look at her and maybe a few close in shots of the detailed sections, eg, the neck shuttlebay and impulse engines from above. and a new scale comparison pic.

ADDITION: Just had another idea on the underside of the impulse engines could you add the impulse crystals slightly set in more than the above like the underneath of the miranda class impulse reactors the recess around the dome dips in more and the crystal dome itself is slightly smaller. Also refine the centra plate of the nav deflector a bit more, e.g. remove the spike flatten it a bit less like the zhukov and more bronze in colour, or remove it all together as the Enterprise C didnt have one it would make sense that this class didnt just like the excelsior didnt ta buddy.

Offline cinqnic

• Starforce Productions
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2010, 07:27:23 AM »
 quick update the ship have been done just waiting to hardpointed,

Offline GMunoz

• Cookies: 139
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »
Hi folks,  Here is the USS Falmouth in game with glows added.  Weapons points are next, all 21 phaser arrays and 18 torpedo tubes, so might be a while LOL.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2010, 03:04:09 PM »
all 21 phaser arrays and 18 torpedo tubes.

God ships BEWARE! You're in for a SCARE! :P

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2010, 05:33:36 PM »
Hi folks,  Here is the USS Falmouth in game with glows added.  Weapons points are next, all 21 phaser arrays and 18 torpedo tubes, so might be a while LOL.

Not everyone likes God ships, you know.  :roll :funny
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2010, 10:36:10 PM »
Not everyone likes God ships, you know.  :roll :funny
Implying that he won't balance the phasers and torpedoes properly for fun and playability.

Offline GMunoz

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2010, 01:07:40 AM »
I don't see the point in god ships.

Offline Maxloef

• STBC Aftermath Co Founder
  • Cookies: 61
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 09:28:46 AM »

someone went overkill on torpedo tubes

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »
the design is really nice!  i like it!
my only slight critique would be the rear impulse engine seems a little slight on the large side (from that one pic above) - but i do agree that the weapons listed do seem a bit much...  just my opinion :)

Offline GMunoz

« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2010, 02:48:19 PM »
AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Offline Biggins

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2010, 02:57:26 PM »
Thats gonna leave a mark :funny
"You treat her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home."

Offline cinqnic

• Starforce Productions
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2010, 03:01:02 PM »
i am going to run and hide, soz got that wrong i am going to fly and hide

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2010, 07:41:19 PM »
Revenge of the Ambassador's younger brother? (or Akira's OLDER brother)
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2010, 08:50:57 PM »
The recipients of the USS Falmouths gift:

Captain: Damage report!
Helm: Guidance system out. Auxiliary control out. Warp and Impulse out.
Tactical: Detecting multiple inbound torpedoes!
Captain: Evasive Action!
Helm: Sir thrusters are non responsive..... What do we do?
Captain: We die.
-------------------------------------------------------------
This is definitely a warship and I'm looking forward to seeing her in action ;)
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2010, 08:52:40 PM »
AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!
lol oh good lord :P