Author Topic: Phase II Warp Textures  (Read 814 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Phase II Warp Textures
« on: December 29, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »
NOTE: I only managed to get BC to run for about 5 minutes on the lowest settings before my graphics card gave me a Blue Screen Of Death relating to nviddmkm.sys
Its the reason I haven't played any PC games for the last month or so, but Wileys Phase 2 was just too inticing to let stay just compressed in my download folder :D

Anyway, after warping with the Phase II to any system (GCv2 installed), the warp engine textures were swapped for active warp grill textures as you would expect during warp. But after arriving at my destination system, the warp engine textures failed to swap back to 'off' mode.

I had a look at the scripting in the plugin and there didn't seem to be anything wrong, so I am a little confused.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
Re: Phase II Warp Textures
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:46:16 PM »
I too have been having that problem. Try starting a fresh quickbattle mode and select the Phase II ship first. My Excelsiors had that same problem.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:16:25 PM »
It's something within Galaxy Charts, the problem existed in the first version as well.  Any ship with texture swapping for warp speed will not revert to normal until the QB is ended.  I have no idea if the GC people know how to fix it.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 07:59:53 PM »
odd, I've been having the opposite.  the warp warm didn't work at all.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 10:42:48 AM »
If this is caused by Galaxy Charts, I think that USS Frontier would like to know about it.

http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?board=81.0
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign