Author Topic: Tactical Icons  (Read 857 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Tactical Icons
« on: November 11, 2009, 09:40:34 PM »
I'm all ready (finally) for my next release swarm...and now I got a problem.

I've forgotten how to do tac icons!

I've already gotten the ships positioned and ready...but, oddly, i can't figure out why I can't get the silly thing to give me a transparent ground.  what am I missing, here?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Tactical Icons
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 10:53:29 PM »
An alpha channel. It defines the transparency.

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 03:00:53 AM »
Alpha channel maybe in this case give the transparency. But in some cases the transpirancy is given by the black colour in the image (like in warpflashes textures). Try both variants. First, try with the black colour (black will be that you won't to be seen). Alpha channel (white is that you want to be seen of the image).
Sorry for my bad English. I am very bad in explaining things.  :(

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 05:21:13 AM »
It's an alpha channel, trust me.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 08:26:23 AM »
I did it the first time with the Tac Icon for the Gabriel without resorting to using an Alpha channel, and it's killing me because I forgot how the bleep I did it!  the last time I left the black alone, it came out terrible.

Vladko: i'm used to working around bad english when it's written down.  believe me, the smartest people in the world, Asians, STILL can't get it right sometimes.  heck, I'm still surprised a lot of people actually KNOW enough English to get by.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »
Honestly, it's in the alpha.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien