Author Topic: More Uniform designs  (Read 4217 times)

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
Re: More Uniform designs
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2009, 07:50:29 PM »
Myeh. I could see the Romulans in black all the time, but it has never seemed right on the Federation to me. On the flip side, they could use less bright colors, too. What's so wrong with blues and tans? lol Maybe that's why I'm the only person who seems to have liked the TMP uniforms...
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2009, 09:15:19 PM »
a couple years ago, I designed a Starfleet Marine/Security combat jumpsuit using a modern flightsuit as a base.  I eventually made it into a Halloween costume, with a few changes. if I find my camera I'll post pictures of the final costume, but here's the original concept:

Edit, I found my camera, here's the final costume:

Offline undedavenger

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 09:51:06 AM »
Pretty cool, Aces! I think we should have a thread for concept artwork. Not sure if it should be in the graphic arts forum or here, since the GAF is geared toward texturing/modeling. I should have some further uniform concepts up, and have yet to post my phaser design art (if I can remember where it is on my HD).
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2009, 10:01:41 AM »
hm...you can correct me on the color of a USAF flight suit.  i couldn't get anybody to tell me the correct color.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2009, 12:59:05 PM »
Mine's just standard OD green, although I've seen them in a variety of colors, ranging from Blaze Orange to Desert Tan, even Black.  I would have used a black one for the costume, but the army surplus didn't have any in my size.
If you're looking for an exact shade, I usually use either Olive Drab FS34087 or SAC Bomber Green FS34159 when I paint the pilots in my model kits.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 02:52:59 PM »
crud.  i used a blue color...mabey I was thinking NASA or something.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »
yeah, blue isn't that common for the USAF,  they use green so that downed pilot's have some degree of camouflage. although you're right, NASA uses a bright blue color, I think it's Insignia Blue.

Offline undedavenger

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2009, 02:14:34 AM »
All right, back for more! This pretty much wraps up the officer uniform variants. I call this the v4 uniform as I've again expanded on it, and actually completely remade the template.

First up is the big one, the officer duty uniform. This incorporates all eras of Trek. It has the double breasted design seen in ST2-6, except the flap is reversed. It has the piping and color around the shoulders, like TNG. It has the belt folded into the shirt, like TMP, and it has quilted pads in the shoulders, somewhat like the First Contact Uniforms.

Next is the vest, which is heavily influenced by the awesome vest Kirk wore in Generations. The quilting effect from the shoulders of the duty jacet have been added to the ribs area of the vest.

Third is the plain undershirt.

And finally, the Captain's shirt. Never did figure out why the captain always gets his own personal variant. This one is a mix of the short-sleeve undress white shirt Kirk wore in TMP and the lime-green wraparound he wore in TOS.

Hope you guys enjoy, and please feel free to critique! Now it's on to enlisted, dress, and specialty uniforms!

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2009, 02:37:00 AM »
They look good, but i started realizing more and more how much i have always hated star trek uniforms. Only exceptionThe wok + red jackets..those were to me, the best, sharp, perfect uniforms. Can't stand anything they put out ever since TNG. Nemesis uniforms grew on me "briefly" but The constant changes to uniforms in starfleet is utter crap and only makes them look like a bunch of vain fashion idiots. TOS era mini skirt variants used in the new TREK i love, for the women- sure it's sexist and just T+A, but i'm not afraid to admit i'm a um..what's the term? Oh yes! MALE. :evil

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2009, 03:23:48 AM »
Not a big fan of the Captain's variant, but the other 3 I think look perfect. Just not sure if the communicator pin should be in its current position (and in black), on the standard duty uniform.

EDIT: A couple of modifications to your duty uniform. Hope you don't mind. Just suggestions :)
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline undedavenger

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2009, 04:17:38 AM »
BLAH on the same boring communicator, DT! lol

And Daystar, you are REALLY letting this get to you too much. Who says they can't get a few changes in clothing?

I'm not too sure about the Captain's variant myself. I may putter with that later. For now its 4am here, and I gotta get up at 8!

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2009, 04:40:06 AM »
Yeah i know.  :funny It's a pet peeve.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 05:10:12 AM »
Made this picture up just for a bit of laughs. Not incredibly well done, but it suits the purpose :P
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2009, 07:24:05 AM »
redye the 'captain's shirt' in blue.  that's more like McCoy's short sleeved cut from OS (i even mace a variant i called "doctor's cut" based on it)
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline undedavenger

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2009, 01:44:56 PM »
Geez, thunder. That really cracked me up! What's with the mirror Spock? Like McCoy, you must like him better with the beard! lol

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »
thought I'd jump an this band wagon

I have gone for a more TOS look
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2009, 11:29:02 AM »
The heads and legs are disproportionate.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 11:34:15 AM »
I've only got paint to play with at work :P
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »
THat is a cool look! i am very pro-women in the skirts, real military they wear skirts for dress uniforms, i always felt that was part of the charm of Trek in TOS, sexist or not, it compliments a woman's form. I like the way it is a perfect mesh of TOS and TNG you can see it clearly. I love the JJ abrahms take on the microskirt uniforms and meshweave men tops, i hope they don't get all PC and change it in the next film just because they were trying to nod to TOS first and then cover the women up. Granted, No 1 in "the cage" wore pants, obviously it is a choice. The head i can see outof scale, the legs not so much. For using just paint, not bad.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »
I was bored so i did a quick my version of that uniform.
Sarah michelle gellar is a tiny gal, about 5'2 or so i believe, assuming the man was around 5'11-6'0 this was a guess at height scale.