Author Topic: Star Trek: Daystar - Trailers and Updates  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
Star Trek: Daystar - Trailers and Updates
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:47:01 AM »
As i continued work on Star Trek Daystar, One issue i had with The program i was using for the people parts was the pointy ears for the vulcan captain not properly working as a mesh mod. It will work using mods of the TOS era, but not TNG era. I was going to take the time to mod a mod myself to correct this, but upon experimenting test shots with TOS era uniforms, i fell in love with the Nostalgia..i am 89% positive that i will alter the story and setting to be a time between TOS and TMP, and also it may possibly be set in the JJ abrahms Timeline..i realised i may be the first to my knowledge, Fan series to be set in that universe, and that would be interesting to explore as well. If i do this, the Ship will change from an Akira to an Akyazi clas http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/screenshots/File/50363/1

I have used this class before for a TOS 3d comic i did a few years ago. It's basically the Defiant of its time, a pumped up warship. I am changing the captain to the character that was based off myself, and the vulcan to the "weapons officer",as a warship the chair normally associated to a navigator like chekov was, will be weapons control. I will also be using a new, original alien baddie a saurian race who are related to the Gorn, possibly a sub species created by Gorn who mix breeded with another reptilian race after conquering it's native world. Below are a couple of Test shot screencaps of the bridge using the TOS era uniforms.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Star Trek: Daystar - Trailers and Updates
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 02:27:12 PM »
what program are you using for those shots?

also, I'd suggest using the AD Akyazi instead, it's got much higher detail, that's what I used in the shots below (with slight modification).  I can send you a set of blank registry textures if you want.  I even have the old Ships of the Starfleet Akyazi-class book if you need help with technical details.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:33:35 PM »
The Movies and the expansion:stunts and effects. Its a game/movie making mechinima thats been around a few years made for modding much like BC and thus modders like here,keep it alive, UPDATE- i am possibly going to be using the Red jacket era TMP era, I just succesfully edited the vulcan and other TOS uniforms to REd jacket textures, made klingon foreheads, and sash uniforms tos era, testing more to make a decision, I always loved the Red jackets uniforms the best and 3 of my team in the Daystar project have expressed a desire today to do TMP era possibly make Daystar an Excelsior refit.

The Movies program is outstanding for how much you can do and add. I totally control the camera, the only limitation is the amount of animations usable, but there are plenty of ways to make things seem fresh if you edit carefully.

here is a clip of the program in use from last Daystar preview i had done

Oh TY for offer on registries below the vid is a sample of a quick edit of a constitutions registry i did earlier not perfect but a a test

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »
yeah the Jacket uniforms would probably be a better fit for an Akyazi then the TOS ones anyway, since the Akyazis weren't launched until the 2280s, according to the book.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 02:48:36 PM »
The more i think about it I'm leaning Akyazi. I would love those blank name plates..Btw..My buddy just suggested maybe i could do something Only Dc comics  has done before..A MIRROR universe TMP era setting..What do you think? easy enough for me to change Insignias to Terran empire, and i could use my discretion on a skimpy female TMP era version..

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 04:09:58 PM »
that does sound cool.

I put together a quick Daystar Registry for you, it's rendered in poser, but the texture is Bridge commander ready.  I picked the NCC from the SotSF book, it's towards the end of the Akyazi range, before the Arbiters.  In the book, Hull 1045 is one of the ships listed as under construction as of 2290-91, USS Ancylus, if it matters.  I can PM you these textures along with the blanks if you want.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »
Wow! Your ACE like yer namesake! That was very kind of you yes send em over  :funny I am having issues with DDS conversion screwing up my Red jacket textures it may take longer than i wanted to nail it i improved it but i have a ways to go. I'm so rusty at fiddling with DDS stupid files lol.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 04:41:29 PM »
what program are you using for the .DDS, I use MWright's DXTbmp, that works pretty well.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »
Some Nividia Plugin for Photoshop, i think i figured out my problems, i am just having a trial and error hit and miss with lining up the textures to the map templates for the costumes in the program. But i grabbed a more clear costume to reference and am having better luck lining it up, The TMP era red jackets have more doo kickeys to line up such as the Black trim seam were the jacket opens, the over shoulder rank insignia flap, the belt, the pant trim, if females using skirt varient or not, etc

BTW TYVM name plate looks great!

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 06:15:35 PM »
your welcome.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 07:04:49 PM »
Crap. AD Akyashi caused a BSOD.  :( getting rid of it and hoping it reverts.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 07:09:13 PM »
hmm, that's not good, did you install the patch?  Remember, most BSODs are easy to fix.  It's probably a simple typo in the plugin.  It's been a while since I installed this, so I don't remember if I had a problem, although it works now.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
Got it going again after i removed the Custom scripts. On the site its eems i have a common problem with it. I didn't see a patch...

UPDATE oh yes, i had used that patch and still no go.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »
Hmm, could you post a console report?

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »
Yeah I have used that patch bro. I know, i know this thread should be trailed over to technical, but i'm not to worried about it, i don't want to spend to much time trying to solve this particular technical mystery it was not critical. I am now leaning towards TOS era with Connie after a few test battles vs Tholians, The sound fx and blue phasers brought such fond memories and nostalgia, My friends and i used to play Starfleet battles and the RPG "prime directive"which is similar to Elite force really, "prime teams", were discussing the possibility of making Daystar take place in aversion of The SFB universe and have a prime team on board instead of macos. There's so much one can do with even TOS that is "different"  :P

Update- One discussion we had was to have the pilot episode a retelling of a FASA trek rpg awesome written adventure called "a Doomsday like any other" which was essentially a sequal to "the Doomsday machine" and had harry mudd and romulans to.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 07:26:56 PM »
yeah, that sounds cool too

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 10:32:51 PM »
OKay i am pretty Sold on TOS Akira after trying that, i tested it and other ships battling a Doomsday machine was awesome. Enterprise Nx-01 was loosely based on the popularity of the Akira class, as an early predessesor desighn, so for a TOS era one i'm simply going to go no furthur with an explanation than the "desighn" has been around and was retro'd in TNG era as a design that makes a sensible warship with heavy torpedoes and shuttle bays for combat purposes.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 03:49:08 PM »

New trailer Up Friends and i hashed out the Revised plot and the ship is a Yamato class Battleship.

The PLot-

2403..The crew of a prometheus class Starship are testing a prototype of a Starfleet Transwarp drive, using Borg technology. When the ship comes under attack by several Tholian warships, they manage to defeat them but are forced to seperate the ship to avert being destroyed by a warp core breach. The breach rips open a temporal Rift, which the Dorsal Section containing surviving crewmembers gets sucked into. Arriving in the 23rd century, They soon realise this is an Altered Timeline, and use their future technology to forge starfleet credentials and Get command of a Starship that should never have existed..a Yamato class Starship "Daystar"..as they forge an uncharted future, They learn the Temporal cold war is at hand in this dilemma, and whoever has crafted this Timeline has sinister motives they decide they must unveil, while trying to Keep Starfleet from becoming suspicious of them, The quadrent is Flung into a war with the Klingons that never should have happened..

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 04:32:35 PM »
Hmmm.. I like it. It has more potential now.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »
Thanks..i had some fun ideas like, KHAN gets off ceti alpha 5 early and becomes an ongoing threat, perhaps an early interaction with the Dominion and the Borg, but i am using some new races as enemies, We will discover one event that changed was the Klingons wiped out this race in our timeline, that in this one was not wiped out, so they grow into a major superpower threat and we suspect the changed timeline was aimed towards restoring that race from Genocide.