Author Topic: About The USS LAKOTA...  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
About The USS LAKOTA...
« on: October 06, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »
So i was Making new ship names like putting " Daystar" on the Hull of Akira for my series, using photoshop and stuff last eve, and i noticed that i had always dismissed the "uss lakota" in the quick battle selections..I said what the heck. i remembered it was one of the taskforce of ships in Ds9 missions in KM, so out of curiosity i loaded it for a battle. first notice was it was the Refit Enterprise B desighn, which really makes Excelsior look sweet, but i also noticed this sucker was pretty darned tough holding out in battles, now when i film battles for mechanima purposes, i set them all for AI controlled combat and juist switch around camera angles, replay battle using each ship but same mix of ships patiently and start over to get angles from each ships POV and keep the best shot, AI driven, lakota did a remarkable job of taking out Romulan warbirds (but not the Griffen, my favorite looking of the BC ships non canon, i LOVE that ship and plan to use it in series as a new type of heavy hitter rommies unleash.) has anyone else used Lakota and paid attention? i haven't looked at the hardpoints stats which i may bother later with in Bcut, but is lakota supposed to be a wartime Upgraded Excelsior? is this why it os part of the Ds9 mission taskforce? it would make sense to me if it was Dominion war Retrofitted for combat. Using Dual fire Torpedo launch the Lakota's lighting settings seem to really be sharper than a lot of other models.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
Re: About The USS LAKOTA...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 11:04:39 AM »
The Lakota was a vastly upgraded Excelsior (variant) seen during the 4th season of DS9. It had more powerful shields and phasers than a standard Excelsior, and equipped with quantum torpedoes.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 11:10:03 AM »
Nice, i'm going to have to look it up Thanks DT your TrekLore101 knowledge is quite impressive.  :P

Jernej

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 03:22:36 PM »
It wasn't originally meant to be a excelsior, it was meant to be a rather awesomely looking nebula class or galaxy-3naccelles variant:

http://www.startrekpropcollector.com/trekauctions/images/ccf7392fcb9fe6a41a028e534e3cd919

see - part of:
http://www.startrekpropcollector.com/trekauctions/items/6071

That nebula looks rather awesome, i'd love to see one of those in BC.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 03:36:46 PM »
makes sense, I was watching a DVD commentary with Ron Moore, and he was so upset at the failure of Homefront as far as the plans they had not being possible, paramount screwed them over and wanted to slap the homefront 2 parter into the middle of the season instead of teh cliffhanger it was meant to be, so the budget got slashed, moore intended a ton of great battle scenes between Federation vs federation starships and really get down and dirty with the start of a near all out civil war within starfleet. The lakota was meant to Then gonna be a Reuse of non refit excelsior but the model of excelcior was damaged somehow so they used the Enterprise B model (which  i like much Better anyways, the Excelsior still looks good IMO).

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »
The Enterprise B model is just the original Excelsior model with extra bits added on. They were added cos they didn't want to damage the original Excel model. The Lakota was just meant to be an Excelsior but the Excel model they had was the Ent B one...
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »
Okay Yes Now i remember the Strips on the sides were to protect the model

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 10:27:02 PM »
...and then, when they went to take the 'wings" off, they found out the glue they used destroyed the model anyway :P  it sold at the wrap sale for 110 grand.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet