Author Topic: Section 31 Scarlet Class ENT ERA  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Zephram

• Cookies: 13
Section 31 Scarlet Class ENT ERA
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:19:44 AM »
Hi everyone,

MarkyD and Cyandie both agreed in the art forum that I should now post this ship here, I want to make this in BC but will need help converting and that.

The "Scarlet" was commissioned in 2147.  Starfleet rejected the design as a long range explorer under guidance from the Vulcan Advisory Committee in 2145. However, Admiral Luther Sloan of Earth Intelligence saw this ship as a necessity and was granted funding through the government to build one of these vessels. The ship was never publicly announced and because of the secrecy against the wishes of the Vulcan Advisory Committee, it remained a state secret.

Earths first long-range vessel with a length of 180m and a top speed of warp 4.1 It was advanced for its time. The Scarlet was fitted with 2 forward type 3 phase cannons which were extremely experimental and also with 1 x spatial torpedo aft launcher. It also came equipped with a duranium hull; again this technology was extremely advanced and experimental.

The ship had a secondary hull design that incorporated a "deflector" that protects the ship from space dust and other particles that would otherwise cause significant damage at faster-than-light speeds.

Because of the importance of the Earth / Vulcan alliance this ship created an organisation in order to fund and man it, this organisation was only known as "Section 31!?

some wip's so far..

Original post: http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,6352.0.html

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
Re: Section 31 Scarlet Class ENT ERA
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 11:30:28 AM »
 :eek that really does look awsome, when you add spec's into it, it will be photorealistic

take another cookie mate, because you can texture for schit  ;)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:35:03 AM »
that is nice , oh and BTW have a cookie, unless of course you are not hungry
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline MarkyD

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 11:39:31 AM »
Real nice mate, if those textures look that good the ship over, then ur on for a winner  ;)

Offline Zephram

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »
It will be markyd

it will have tough pannels and glows the ship over.

almost finished the necelles, just have the rear grill to do, then i neet to start textures on the front of the vessel.

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 12:23:06 PM »
lookin real spiffy buddy :)
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »
Just curious, whats the poly count on this?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 02:04:14 PM »
to expand what is the texture size?
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Johnnymuffintop

• Concept Artist
  • Cookies: 7
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 03:41:30 AM »
I like the design...
but... I hate to be all "you need to change this, this, and this. *pushes up taped glasses*", however, I think that since it's a single nacelle, it should be double sized, since it's only one doing the work of two.

^I blame the Kelvin for that opinion.

Anyway, I still like the design, always love an ENT styled ship, hope to see more designs from you Zephram.

Offline Zephram

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 07:29:42 AM »
3276 polys and it will have 4 2048 texture maps

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »
if you could pull it off i could see you getting away with 3 maps, one for the dorsal saucer, one for the ventral, and one for the nacelle, pylons, engineering section and the "extras"
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Zephram

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 10:40:27 AM »
Yes, I could make the maps less to be honest, and i may modify the mapping for 3 x maps.

Offline Zephram

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 11:52:38 AM »
I have started the saucer section, but still need to add in port holes to the section already textured, there will not be many. Also I have not started on specular maps yet but will be including these to finish the Scarlet off  :)

Also

The U.S.S Cloak is the next S31 ENT era ship I will be creating using the scarlet as a base, this will have 2 nacelles, for those that are not a fan of singular necelle design.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »
The textures look kind of cartooney...doesn't the NX style ships have aztecing on the hull?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 03:17:23 PM »
yea they do

your best bet would be to download the NX pack and look at the azteching on the ship, its not embarrasing, trust me, i did it with my galaxy refit and the results from the inspiration were better than i anticipated
dont get me wrong, tho, the textures you have right now look pretty good, and i see what your trying to go for, but i have to agree with dalek, they DO look cartooney. if your working in photoshop, mess around with some of the filters to make more realistic paneling, like the armor plating on my arsenal class is simply grey boxes with accented edges, than i applied a light film grain over it, and finished it off with the plastic wrap.
experiment some to find what looks good to you, you can be amazed at what those filters can put out if layered right :)

as for your specs. dont worry bout those till your 100% happy with the main textures
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 03:35:15 PM »
Cartoony or not, I definitely like the look of it so far. Thumbs up.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Zephram

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 12:45:23 PM »
They do look a little cartooney, but that will be helped when the aztecs and speculars are in, either way this is how i do my textures but thanks.

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »
The design grows on you.  Any chance we could get a view of the underside of the ship?

Offline Zephram

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »
yes

i have not started to map or texture that area yet, i am still working on the mid-top saucer section, and it should  be detailed and finished by tomorrow, but have provided a wip.

Offline MarkyD

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »
Looking good mate, it does look a little cartoon, but still believeable in my opinion, and i like it. + cookie