Author Topic: Retro 1.0 addon for KM1.0  (Read 1035 times)

Hellkhat

Retro 1.0 addon for KM1.0
« on: November 07, 2009, 04:16:42 PM »
 Hello Im kinda new here, So let me introduce myself with a little somthing for yah all to dig on  :dance
-This is a addon I created using pre TNG ships for KM1.0. It is still In its beta stages with a update comming december.

(jb76 edit - link removed pending all permissions secured...)

It includes some of the best mods avalible from bcfiles.com. It is fully multiplayer with correct icons and ship descriptions. Many people have downloaded and played the mod and so far there are only minor hardpoint fixes wich will come with the retro1.1 update comming in december. I understand many of you do not know me. I have over the years learned alot from the talented people here.I never really needed to register cause all my questions have been previously addressed by others. I have asked for many permissions and havegotten most of them. I would like to relese this to the public to keep the game alive and hack free because hacking has runied the game. As a long time BridgeCommander fan I hate to see this happen, So Im doing somthingabout it and I would like to ask anyone here who can help me to jump on board with this project in any way that they can. I have passed this mod out to some of my friends and have been testing it for the last 3 weeks. The only thing in my way for a public relese is certain permissions.        

I have the following permisions to use these ships.

araxes  from p81   (credits)
c2constellation from p81 (credits)
enterprise refit from p81 (credits)
excelsior from p81  (credits)
oberth From  p81 (credits)
miranda from p81 (credits)
d7tos from  (credits)
ktinga from p81  (credits)
sfpkillerhawm  from Starforce Productions >PERM GRANTED(credits)
sfpskyhawk from Starforce Productions >PERM GRANTED(credits)
kd2 from starforce2 & commanderjones>PERM GRANTED(Iclude all original readme's)
sfp kfrigate from ***>PERM GRANTED (creditS)
d4 bop from *** >PERM GRANTED(credits)
nx01 enterprise from p81 >PERM GRANTED(credit)
constitution tos from Andruil >PERM GRANTED(credits)

I do not have permission yet for these ships

tosromulanbop from PIPER *** ...no response
klingon D6 sfm from Terradyhne *** ...no response
qonosone ktinga from mrjohn*** ...no response
d-4 battle cruiser from mrjohn***...no response
                        *** ... no response
jj enterprise from WileyCoyote ***... SAID NO
uss kelvin =Baz1701 *** ...no response
                    ***...no response
nx warreaper from Atolm/azel... no email in readme

I think it would be easyer for me to get permossions rather than to delete these ships from the game, any help would be much
apreciated. Thanks for reading

-Hellkhat

***email addresses removed

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Retro 1.0 addon for KM1.0
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »
I think with respect to the mod creators, there e-mails should not be displayed publically. Some modders hide their e-mails from members here deliberately.

Not meaning to discourage you but I would be annoyed if my e-mail was shown. All in all, looks liek it should be an interesting mod.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Hellkhat

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 05:13:09 PM »
I though about that before I posted, I didnt think I would offend anyone. The emails where either in the readme
or found on these forums wich is avalible to anyone , so If Im wrong then the admin can delete em, and I will just
have to find another way.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 05:29:28 PM »
ive removed the email addresses...
for the ships in question, upon which you havent been able to secure permission, please link to those ships at BCFiles instead of posting the author's email...
also you might want look through the Master Permissions thread in the Modding forum, as well as through the members list here, you may find the members here to whom you can send a PM, or they might have posted in that thread their general permissions policy...

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 08:30:38 PM »
need I mention that you are violating the author's permissions by posting the file here before you received permission from all the authors.  also, you haven't even mentioned permission from the KM team, and why did you include the stbc.exe?  That's a violation of the EULA.  good luck getting us to post this on BCfiles my friend  :roll

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »
indeed...   that is a good point...
i am going to remove the link and move this thread to BC General...
please secure all proper permissions before posting a link to download the mod...

thx

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 08:50:57 PM »
atolm and terradyne can be found on dynaverse.net. Register and you'll find them posting here:
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/board,16.0.html
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 08:33:08 AM »
need I mention that you are violating the author's permissions by posting the file here before you received permission from all the authors.  also, you haven't even mentioned permission from the KM team, and why did you include the stbc.exe?  That's a violation of the EULA.  good luck getting us to post this on BCfiles my friend  :roll

With all honesty, he doesn't need the KM team's permission. I believe he meant that he created an addon for KM1.0 that is balanced to their ships.