Author Topic: FLeet formation  (Read 910 times)

Offline CAPT joseph white

• Cookies: 1
FLeet formation
« on: July 07, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
Hello i was wondering if there is a way to get the ships to fly in formation when i have them in a fleet? in my BC Game?

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
Re: FLeet formation
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:44:01 PM »
I don't believe there is.  But it would make for a neat mod if it could somehow be scripted out.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 03:17:18 AM »
There was a project like this: Kobayashi Maru Armada. But sadly, the guy who worked on it lost his files.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
It can be faked through AttachObject, and done properly by AI and a variation on "Boids" (or Flocking).
While the second is hard, the first can produce "reasonable" results, but can break (the illusion) pretty easily.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline warp9engage

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 07:42:06 AM »
There is a mod that does a similar job. It's called Fleet Orders and one of it's features is that it will allow you to order a ship, or fleet of ships, to follow you. It's not perfect but sometimes ships will fly quite nicely in formation behind you  :).