Author Topic: Random Crashing  (Read 483 times)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
Random Crashing
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:39:42 AM »
I keep getting random crashing usually in quick battle, it just happens at random times, sometimes in the begining, sometimes when the battle is over and I'm trying to start a new one

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Random Crashing
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 02:40:06 AM »
Ok, most BC crashes aren't random, there's usually a cause.  Check to make sure that the crash isn't being caused by some thing you're doing, Does it always happen with the same ship?  If not, do the ships that it happens on have anything in common?  Are you missing any scripts needed by these ships?  can you produce a console report?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 07:48:16 AM »
Crashes during a battle are 99% of the time the case of missing projectiles, install DiamondBC Projectiles (look on BCFiles or the download section here).

The crash on ending a battle (that is, through the main menu and not the XO menu) is a known issue that hasn't been properly resolved yet, it's to the fix of mods that you have, and not a single issue.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 01:23:55 PM »
Crashes during a battle are 99% of the time the case of missing projectiles, install DiamondBC Projectiles (look on BCFiles or the download section here).

The crash on ending a battle (that is, through the main menu and not the XO menu) is a known issue that hasn't been properly resolved yet, it's to the fix of mods that you have, and not a single issue.

Thats half of my crashes do happen with ending a battle through the main menu. I'll dling that later, it happens in random times of the battle, its happened with one on one ship battles and fleet battles, and its happened with different ships. It hasn't been to bad since I posted this thread though