Author Topic: Mark, LC, Darkthorne - Thought you'd like this!  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
Mark, LC, Darkthorne - Thought you'd like this!
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:33:33 AM »
Doug Drexler has just posted an article on his blog, detailing the NX-01, which he designed. He talks about his unfulfilled wishes that, at the end of the fourth season, the NX-01 would have undergone an extensive refit, and gained a secondary hull.

In the comments section, somebody named D.DoubleYou posted this:
I like this model with secondary hull refit: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/screenshots/File/41035/6

You planned something similar or position under the saucer with direct connection?

And a few posts later, Drexler responds:
D.Doubleyou! That is freaking awesome? and I don?t use that word very often. I certainly give it my wholehearted blessing! Hot stuff!

Congrats to the three of you for a job well done and the recognition, and outright ecstatic approval of one of the giants of Trek design.

I just can't freaking believe they almost used an unaltered Akira model for Enterprise. Makes me somewhat more grateful for the Akiraprise's slightly inventive design. I probably would have choked Berman to death myself if it wasn't for Herman Zimmerman convincing him that that was one cost-cut too far.

Again, well done, I'd be feeling very chuffed if I were you!
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
Re: Mark, LC, Darkthorne - Thought you'd like this!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 12:54:29 AM »
 :lol:

Quote from: Drex
If the fronts of the nacelles look like penises, I compounded that by making the ends of the NX nacelles look like a girls butt in a thong. I thought that was fair.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 07:36:21 AM »
Wow, that's super cool guys. I'm proud of you.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:26:26 AM »
Wow!  That's pretty cool!  Recognition from Doug Drexler himself!  I sometimes head over to his and Eaves' blogs too.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »
I have him, Eaves, Darren Dochterman and "Mojo" bookmarked on my other computer. They post some incredible stuff, especially in the form of Starship reference pics.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »
Wow.  That's some high praise!

It's very sad (and yet, also validating) to hear how much potential B&B dashed by being so closed-minded.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 12:45:28 AM »
Couldn't agree more, Phaser.  :(

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 01:55:20 PM »
Some of the people in the blog comments are unaware that those pictures are from the mod. They think 'D.Doubleyou' made them lol.

Oh well.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 02:02:35 PM »
Hehehe.

But yeah, recognition from Lord Drexler (with the word "freaking" :P) is awesome. Now we direct him towards ST: Excalibur...:P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »
Indeed, Mark, DT, etc, start sending Doug some pictures of your work. Or better yet, make sure he gets a copy of the new model viewer.