Author Topic: Clean BC Install on Windows Vista  (Read 816 times)

jonfucius

Clean BC Install on Windows Vista
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:17:08 PM »
I recently re-installed Bridge Commander and added quite a few ships and mods, but started having issues.  I've tried twice to clean out my install and start fresh (even doing a "brute force" uninstall - deleting the Activision folders and all the mods), but everytime I start the launch screen from the BC CD-ROM, it asks if I want to "reinstall" or "play". I've deleted the Activision folder in C:\Program Files and in the VirtualStore folder under C:\Documents and Settings\App Data\Users\<my username>.  What else do I need to delete or remove, other than doing an OS reinstall?

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
Re: Clean BC Install on Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 12:27:57 PM »

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Clean BC Install on Windows Vista
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 03:21:42 PM »
Uninstall (be wary of so called reg-cleaners, they may break other stuff as well) BC through Programs And Features (Control Panel), if it mentions that it can't find it, say yes to delete reference.

Then do an install to something other than C:\Program Files\, for example C:\Games\

You can, in fact, have multiple installs, without uninstalling first.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.