Author Topic: Starbase 12 Problem  (Read 660 times)

Offline angryandorian

• Cookies: 5
  • Prepare for the future...
Starbase 12 Problem
« on: May 27, 2009, 06:58:29 PM »
I'm having a problem with starbase twelve. Whenever I warp to the map, the starbase isn't there. I do not have Galaxy Charts installed, however I do have Zorg's Starbase installed. Yet I've never had this problem with Zorg's Starbase before.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Starbase 12 Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:08:05 PM »
The StarBase 12 system (and the Drydock system) are "special", they require extra steps not normally taken to properly function.

A custom system, such as Zorg's, does those extra steps themselves.
The reason that Starbase 12 doesn't do that is because the starbase is a special mission related object. Of course, some mods do those steps for you, for example Galaxy Charts.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline USS Frontier

• Cookies: 562
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 06:57:11 PM »
Actually GC doesn't do anything "special" in initializing systems. It calls the system Initialize function and all, like is normally done, and that's it. It's not my fault if the system wasn't scripted to initialize correctly...

Tho various months ago I wrote a little autoload script to fix this problem for the SB12 and DryDock systems and GC since a few people were having this problem (tho with GC) and/or the bases weren't dockable...
However, it was meant to be used alongside GC so it won't work without GC installed...
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
                    -Old Klingon Proverb
GravityFX Download
Galaxy Charts Download

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 07:04:30 PM »
I was sure there was another mod/patch made to get those systems working....
As I recall I've had them working fine long before GC
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.