Author Topic: NanoFX Permissions?  (Read 870 times)

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• Cookies: 328
  • (Semi) Retired
NanoFX Permissions?
« on: May 22, 2009, 03:52:28 PM »
I am wondering. Does NanoFXv2 have any licence/permissions to re-distribute parts of the mod. Because I'm creating a mod where I will need to copy part of NanoByte's code and GFX.
There are no such materials included with NanoFX, but I just want to make sure I can do this before realeasing anything.
If there are no permissions, that's fine. But if there are, then how do I contact NanoByte? (without having to sign up for anything, preferably)

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: NanoFX Permissions?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:06:16 PM »
well you could leave him a PM here, but, he'd be more likely to answer if you PMed him at the NanoFX Evolved forum: http://www.nanofx-evolved.com/

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:12:08 PM »
What exactly do you need?
FoundationTriggers is part of the Foundation itself (so you shouldn't need to redistribute it).
For code you can create a dependancy on NanoFX that doesn't break if NanoFX isn't present.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline X_TheUnknown_X

• Cookies: 328
  • (Semi) Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 04:47:27 PM »
I need the part of NanoFX that creates explosions. However, I need the sequence to leave the ship intact instead of blowing it to bits. For that, I will need to copy the code and remove the parts that destory the ship.

Offline NanoByte

• Cookies: 125
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 03:16:42 PM »
If you are making a mod with NanoFX you must include the original readme's and put in credits into your readme... that's all...

Good luck!