Author Topic: Which mods of kobayashi maru are not compatible with bridge commander single player?  (Read 2819 times)

BVLGARI

Can you tell me which mods of kobayashi maru are not compatible with bridge commander single player?Is kobayashi maru compatible with BC supermod v3,0?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Generally speaking when playing SP, simply disable all mutators.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
BC Supermod 3.0 is not meant to work with any other mods...  it is meant as a stand-alone install with nothing else added to it...  if you add KM to BCSupermod (or the other way around) you'll have errors...
as far as KM (Kobayashi Maru 1.0) and SP, some mods in KM do work with SP... the only problem is, no one has ever gone through them all individually and tested the entire SP campaign as such; so no one knows what works with SP and what wont...
as MLeo said, if you play SP in a KM install, disabling all the mutators should allow for smooth gameplay...

BVLGARI

I will test all mutator compatibility with sp and i will tell you what mods work with sp.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Is kobayashi maru compatible with BC supermod v3,0?
The answer to this is a resounding no. Both mods include their own versions of foundation.

BVLGARI

Nano fx 2.0 beta is causing all problems.I installed kobayashi maru without nano fx and is working perfectly,both in sp and quickbattle.when i am in quickbattle and want to quit to menu,game is no longer crashing,i can load sp save games.All other mods are working without any known bugs.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Have you played through every mission? Some errors aren't immediately manifest.

BVLGARI

Yes,i have,and i completed sp campaign,without errors,do you remember i always asked how to get in the ds9,Now i can get in about 10 sec.I tell you nano fx is problem.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
actually that is specifically because of the warp fx feature of NanoFX, if you disable that, SP should work with it to some extent, although, KM wasn't designed to work in SP at all, you will most likely have problems once you switch to the Sovereign later in the game, as that ship has been designed to work significantly different to the stock one.  Also, you might have noticed that although you got SP working, few of any of the mods from KM actually work in SP.  your best bet to play SP with all the latest ships, is to install BCSupermod 3, although as Jimmy already said, you can't install it with anything else.

BVLGARI

But i turned on all mutators,and they work perfectly in sp.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
some mutators disable or mess with particular SP elements (grav fx usually stops you on the first mission)
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

BVLGARI

I completed all sp missions with all mutators enabled and working.There is no problem

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Nano fx 2.0 beta is causing all problems.I installed kobayashi maru without nano fx and is working perfectly,both in sp and quickbattle.when i am in quickbattle and want to quit to menu,game is no longer crashing,i can load sp save games.All other mods are working without any known bugs.
Isn't nanofx , already a part of KM, so installing something over what is available in KM can cause a problem.

The KM team , went through somethings and added script, took some out , In KM by installing an older version, you negate those changes, and problems Will happen.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

BVLGARI

How can i get i higher grade in this forum,like admiral?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
by posting more.? For example, to get admiral, you need 1000 posts.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
by posting more.  For example, to get admiral, you need 1000 posts
Actually, that's not entirely right.

Making usefull posts will. But honestly, they don't mean anything, except that this forum has something, remotely, to do with Star Trek, or some other naval thingy. We are currently considering removing them, since they don't add anything at all.

But you are, currently, actually offtopic, so I'll have to remove these last three posts in a moment or so.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.