Author Topic: Game freeze  (Read 3366 times)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Game freeze
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2009, 12:22:16 PM »
Well, if you haven't changed the hardpoint of the Luna, and you put the original Shields.py back and installed the DiamondBC_RedistributeShields.py in scripts/Custom/Autoload/ then the Luna can now be hit without freezing the game (which was your problem, right?).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2009, 08:59:52 PM »
Fixed.

No more game freezing.

Teach me your ways, great one!
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2009, 08:37:07 AM »
I think you will find errors in your console. :(

I've just tested it locally, new version in a minute.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2009, 05:08:33 PM »
Not entirely done yet, some strange BC-ism I haven't quite figured out.
But atleast it doesn't crash or free on not uniform max values.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 06:48:05 AM »
And here is one that does (seem to) work.

For some reason, the use of GetSingleShieldPercentage was not reporting the right figures directly after a RedistributeShields, but through my method of setting the maximum shields to 1 and setting the current shields to the percentage, and then restoring the right max value after the redistribution it is now properly working (the new percentage is the same value as the current shield value).

I'm considering also redoing GetSingleShieldPercentage, but I don't (yet) know if it's that usefull. I mean, I doubt a lot of people would want to do the exact same thing I was doing. :P

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 08:05:38 AM »
Thank you Mleo. It now seems to be working with no problems whatsoever.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 11:26:17 AM »
Final version, will be releasing this tonight (mostlikely) once I've had the time to write a proper readme for it.
The only difference is style of the code and I'm now doing less work in the two loops.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 05:17:54 PM »
Let me see if I've got this correct.

You've been using a tech help thread, to help someone, but to beta test an aspect of DiamondBC at the same time?

You sneaky fiend...

...wish I had thought of that, lol.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 05:41:22 PM »
Oi, I've been away from my computer a lot this week. I actually wrote the few versions in 5 minute breaks...

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »
Oi, I've been away from my computer a lot this week. I actually wrote the few versions in 5 minute breaks...

I meant it as a compliment.

:?

Anyway, it appears to be fully working now.

I just took the Luna up against a dominion bugship. It pounded on my forward shields. As soon as my forward shields turned yellow on the HUD, power was automatically re-routed to compensate, turning the forward shield green again.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 08:54:28 AM »

I meant it as a compliment.

:?
It isn't to me, publishing untested (even uncompiled!) code is really bad practise.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 09:20:31 AM »
The point is, I am greatful that you solved the original problem. Thank you for investing your time.