Author Topic: Journeyman sound issue  (Read 830 times)

daedalus_0815

Journeyman sound issue
« on: April 24, 2009, 05:29:12 PM »
Hey Guys,

i've encountered a small problem with the Journeyman-Class. It worked fine first, but after I installed some other ships, there are some of the ingenious weapon sfx missing; there is no sound when firing either a photon torpedo or this quantum pulse weapon.

The right sound files are in the right place, an there is the right sound in the file, but in the game there is nothing to hear!

What's wrong and how can I fix it?

By the way, as far as I can say, NICE PAGE!

LG, The DaDDeL!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Journeyman sound issue
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 05:36:25 PM »
While I don't entirely get the "nice page" part, thanks.

Could you provide a link to the mod? There are several gigabytes of mods for BC, and since you know exactly what mod it is, it would save us all a lot of time if you could provide a link to it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

daedalus_0815

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 05:42:36 PM »
Here it comes ...

Journeyman Class

The files are "mvam_photons.wav" and "mvam_quantum.wav". Both files came with the Mod, but I think some other of the installed Mods use them as well. Like I said both files in the BC/sfx/Weapons dir are consistent with the files provided by FF!

Can't understand why it's not working, hope u can help ;)

LG, DaDDeL!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »
You are on the right train of thought, it is indeed a problem for BC to have two sounds with the same name.
In this case, there are 3 sounds, two are originally from MVAM Infinite (or the older version) and I think you also aren't hearing Federation Impulse engines.

For now, here is a modified SoundPack with just the 2 unique sounds (phaser sounds by the looks of it).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

daedalus_0815

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 10:41:55 AM »
Well, thanks for the fast help, but what exactly am I supposed to do with the file? Where I have to place it? Must I work it up with BCUT some ways???

... it is indeed a problem for BC to have two sounds with the same name.
In this case, there are 3 sounds, two are originally from MVAM Infinite (or the older version) and I think you also aren't hearing Federation Impulse engines ...

There are no sound files with the same name in this dir!?! And I don't even know that there is something to hear from the impulse engines ... but I'm looking forward to recognize it ;)

LG, DaDDeL!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »
You put it in scripts/Custom/Autoload/

daedalus_0815

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 11:06:35 AM »
Ty, it works fine now! :dance :king

LG, DaDDeL!