Author Topic: Crash to desktop.  (Read 640 times)

merc1083

Crash to desktop.
« on: April 20, 2009, 08:20:19 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals. after a very long time, I have finally got a copy of BC, which is great to say the least.

That said I have run into a small problem, that I hope maybe someone can identify and solve.

So the game is patched up, but beyond that it is stock. I go into quick battle, and decide to play out a little Klingon war. 2 Vorcha class + 12 Birds of Prey + myself in a Vorcha (15 total) versus 2 Vorcha class + 12 Birds of Prey (14 total). after about 10 minutes, and after just finishing off a Vorcha, the game suddenly without warning, crashes to desktop. no error, just desktop. So I hop back in, same scenario, only with myself in a Soverign class instead, same thing, shortly in, about 3 B'rels gone, and back to desktop. Now, I've gone through some posts, and this doesn't seem to match anything specifically. I see alot of ones regarding projectiles, but why would it take 10 mins for this to take effect?

has anyone encountered such an issue and have a solution?

I'm running:

an Intel 6750 Dual Core processor
Nvidia 8800GT video card
640 GB hard drive + 250 GB hard drive
4 GBs of RAM
Windows XP pro.

Thank you to anyone who answers ahead of time.

(btw, both times on that Brinlau I map, if that has any bearing.)

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Crash to desktop.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »
do you have any mods installed?

merc1083

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 09:15:59 PM »
nope, all stock atm.

have been trying to get a list of must have mods from some friends, but they have been silent, so no modifications yet.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »
You may be using too many ships at once, I can't think of any other reason for it, since your machine has plenty of power to run stock BC, and there weren't any major bugs in stock that should cause that.

merc1083

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 11:32:23 PM »
that's too bad if that's what it is.

I absolutely love when you're battling away, and you can see another flotilla of ships duking it out all around you. awesome fun.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 08:26:16 AM »
Try turning off damage (in the Graphics options), it's possible that BC (being such an old game) isn't made for that many ships.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.