Author Topic: BSOD Problem..heeelp!  (Read 766 times)

Offline LordReserei

• Cookies: 10
    • Youtube Channel
BSOD Problem..heeelp!
« on: April 03, 2009, 04:29:41 PM »
So for some reason I messed up the GUI of ST: BC, installing a mod then trying to get things back to normal and decided to reinstall it, a total and fresh install along with KM 1.0 and some other stuff. I, for some unknown reason decided to be a dumbass and didn't back up ST: BC as I installed mods with BCUT.

So I ran ST: BC and now I have a BSOD, I'm not a scripter or anything, the max I've done is edited HP's using the MPE and stuff so I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help and give some advice on how to go about sorting it, it'd be greatly appreciated. =)

Here's the console report below.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit|Asus M5A97 R2.0|Phenom II x6 1090T BE|24GB DDR3 1600MHz|XFX HD6870 1GB|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB/Seagate Barracuda 2TB|CM Elite 430|CM TX3 Evo

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: BSOD Problem..heeelp!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 04:57:02 PM »
It's the space in the name (Dominion Battleship).

Please attach the plugin so that I can fix it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline LordReserei

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 05:32:22 PM »
I found two files in Custom\Ships folder. Dominion Battleship.py and one without the space in the name, deleted the one with the space and then another problem cropped up, then another then another so I'm just gonna do a fresh install again and back up the scripts folder as I go.

See if it'll happen again, odd since I haven't had a BSOD in like a year.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit|Asus M5A97 R2.0|Phenom II x6 1090T BE|24GB DDR3 1600MHz|XFX HD6870 1GB|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB/Seagate Barracuda 2TB|CM Elite 430|CM TX3 Evo

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »
NOOO! (Sorry for the dramatic effect) Just take another console report!

The name BSOD is really out of date and wrong, the OD part of it is truely wrong!
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline LordReserei

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 06:04:01 PM »
kk, well here's a few other reports and a couple of files along with 'em, luckily I came back here before I went ahead...I'm a patient man, have efficient ways of doing things, wouldn't of minded reinstalling again. lol

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 12:13:16 AM »
ok, normally I'd agree with MLeo on this, most BSODs do not require a complete reinstall, as he said, usually it is a scripting error.  And normally I advocate not reinstalling BC, but judging by the errors and since you said only a couple things are installed, I would guess that when you reinstalled the first time, you didn't delete all the files in the BC folder beforehand.  If that is the case, you need to uninstall again, and completely delete the entire Bridge Commander folder before reinstalling the game.

Offline LordReserei

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 06:44:33 AM »
I did delete the Bridge Commander folder from the Activision folder in program files after uninstalling and before reinstalling, figured part out before coming to BCC. Either way, I'm gonna reinstall again and back up the script folder after installing a mod or two with BCUT.

Edited:

aha!....I've fixed it, deleted Ringdrive Intrepid, found that the GravityFX file was missing and replaced it. problem now, the main menu is messed no "Master Switch" submenus and I can scroll the mutators O.o

Edit:

replaced the files in \scripts\MainMenu, got all the mutators and options back, ST: BC is up and running. XD

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 12:37:46 AM »
see, usually an uninstall isn't necessary, I suggested that because it is a very common mistake people seem to make when they do reinstall.  most likely the mods you had installed the first time were corrupt.