Author Topic: Super Hive Crashes Game  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Super Hive Crashes Game
« on: April 01, 2009, 06:48:00 AM »
I recently added the super hive to my stargate ship pack install (http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Super_Hive;97246 Dont know how much longer this link will work).

Problem is, it crashes my game whenever it takes damage to its hull. This is most likely because its apparently 40,000 polies. Is there anyway to fix it without disableing damage effects (I don't know how to do this in the hardpoints)?
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: Super Hive Crashes Game
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 07:32:07 AM »
when you installed it, was there a _vox.nif? try deleting your Vox.nif, some people include them in their dwnloads, and your system is not the same as theirs. if that does not correct it a 'consol report' will be needed so we can see the error.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 07:58:37 AM »
Yeah. It had the Vox nif with it. It also had the original ms3d model included for some reason. Both were deleted. Same result.

Also, how do I add a hyperdrive engine to the wraith cruiser and the Atlantis ships, and make them use certain hyperspace textures, both by the same author? They didn't have them included for some reason.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 01:21:09 PM »
I don't think it's a smart idea to have another topic going on while the original problem hasn't been resolved.
Especially since that question isn't a Technical Support topic(!)

Now, try lowering the visual damage (or even turning it off) in the Graphics options. If it's really the model, then that will help.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 04:12:44 PM »
I don't think it's a smart idea to have another topic going on while the original problem hasn't been resolved.
Especially since that question isn't a Technical Support topic(!)

Now, try lowering the visual damage (or even turning it off) in the Graphics options. If it's really the model, then that will help.

I'm sorry about the hyperspace thing. Even after all these years, I still only have limited knowledge with hardpoints. The only scripts I seem to know about are soundpacks and plugins. I'll ask someone over MSN about adding hyperdrives. I'm hoping limey won't mind me bugging him about it.

Anyway, back on topic.
Turning off visual damage stopped the crashes. I havn't tried it on 'Low Damage' or 'Medium Damage' yet. So, is there no-way to make a 40k model use 'High Damage' without it crashing the game?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 05:29:09 PM »
There are models that high, but special care has been taken to make them playable, but they still react badly to damage on lower end video cards (even on some higher end cards).

Another thing that could help is lowering the hole value in the ship file (scripts/Ships/), and the pick leaf size (see the comments above the AddLod statements).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »
There are models that high, but special care has been taken to make them playable, but they still react badly to damage on lower end video cards (even on some higher end cards).

Another thing that could help is lowering the hole value in the ship file (scripts/Ships/), and the pick leaf size (see the comments above the AddLod statements).

NVidia Geforce 8800GT 512mb (Standard Dell model)

I am not sure as to what I change precisely in the scripts.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 09:21:44 PM »
in scripts\ships [your ships py] look for

# Create the LOD info
   if (not App.g_kLODModelManager.Contains(pStats["Name"])):
      # Params are: File Name, PickLeafSize, SwitchOut Distance,
      # Surface Damage Res, Internal Damage Res, Burn Value, Hole Value,
      # Search String for Glow, Search string for Specular, Suffix for specular
      pLODModel = App.g_kLODModelManager.Create(pStats["Name"])
      pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameHigh"], 10, 200.0, 25.0, 25.0, 800, 1200, "_glow", None, "_specular")
      pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameMed"],  10, 200.0, 50.0, 50.0, 1200, 2400, "_glow", None, "_specular")
      pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameLow"],  10, 200.0, 125.0, 125.0, 2400, 5000, "_glow", None, None)
see the series of #s, #, #, [and so on] you might want to start with smaller ## [hole value is the 6th, the # before _glow]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »
in scripts\ships [your ships py] look for

# Create the LOD info
   if (not App.g_kLODModelManager.Contains(pStats["Name"])):
      # Params are: File Name, PickLeafSize, SwitchOut Distance,
      # Surface Damage Res, Internal Damage Res, Burn Value, Hole Value,
      # Search String for Glow, Search string for Specular, Suffix for specular
      pLODModel = App.g_kLODModelManager.Create(pStats["Name"])
      pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameHigh"], 10, 200.0, 25.0, 25.0, 800, 1200, "_glow", None, "_specular")
      pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameMed"],  10, 200.0, 50.0, 50.0, 1200, 2400, "_glow", None, "_specular")
      pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameLow"],  10, 200.0, 125.0, 125.0, 2400, 5000, "_glow", None, None)
see the series of #s, #, #, [and so on] you might want to start with smaller ## [hole value is the 6th, the # before _glow]

I know that part. What I meant was, I don't know what to edit to allow high damage effects on this 40k model.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 05:41:47 AM »
The pickleaf size and the hole value.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 06:01:11 AM »
The pickleaf size and the hole value.

Yes, but to what?

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 07:32:30 AM »
That will take some trial and error, change them , run the ship, if that change is not right change to something else, BUT make a Backup of your original ship.py cause you might need it , and if you don't it is not that hard to delete.
TiqHud