Author Topic: Unable To PATCH or MOD - PLEASE help!  (Read 567 times)

deviantangel

Unable To PATCH or MOD - PLEASE help!
« on: April 01, 2009, 03:25:02 AM »
Hi everyone, I am a total noob here so please bear with me if this is a stupid question!
I have only just gotten into Star Trek and in particular Voyager, so I missed BC when it first came out.

My problem(s) is/are: I have BC in a .rar file [in my Downloads folder] and simply extracted it to play - this means that it is not 'installed' to the usual c/programfiles/Activision/BC etc...
and as such, when I attempt to patch the game, the patcher tells me it was unable to find a copy of the game and quits.

Secondly, and I have no idea if this is a related problem, I tried to install the Intrepid Bridge v3.2 (High Res) Mod, but this also tries to install to:
c/programfiles/Activision/BC etc...
but the games isnt there, so it cant. I have tried just copying the mod files into the folders containing BC, but this stops the game from loading up.

I have tried creating a 'c/programfiles/Activision/BC' folder, and copying the BC files from my dowloads folder butthe game refuses to run from there.

Can anyone help? or have any suggestions?

Again sorry if these are stupid or obvious questions, but having just discovered how fantastic BC is, I would love to take advantage of the huge amount of amazing Mods out there!

Thank you in advance  =)   

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: Unable To PATCH or MOD - PLEASE help!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 07:23:04 AM »
It sounds , Very much like you downloaded the game, if I am wrong Apologize, But that is Illegal, and is considered Pirated or another word is warez.  And until you get a legal copy we in turn CanNot help.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 51
Re: Unable To PATCH or MOD - PLEASE help!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 10:34:02 AM »
More than that, BCC absolutely cannot condone pirated software, and it is site policy to exclude anyone caught using pirated software. If you actually had a legal copy of BC you wouldn't need to ask.

Banned.
RCgothic, BCC Administrator.