Author Topic: BC graphic settings - best quality?  (Read 702 times)

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
BC graphic settings - best quality?
« on: March 24, 2009, 01:24:49 PM »
I noticed, that with my old radeon 9600pro the quality was much better then with my gf8800 gt.   :arms:

Im just curious:
I have AA on 16xQ and AF 16x, vs on and all that stuff, and the deflector of the sov still looks fuzzy at mid to high distance  :?

With my old radeon i never had that much performance, but it still looked better.

Any ideas?

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: BC graphic settings - best quality?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 01:28:08 PM »
Give a pic. I have Radeon 9800 XT.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 01:33:02 PM »
the GF numbers are all rather confusing, just because it's an 8800 doesn't mean its the best card, different brands manufacture the GF cards, all of them have different specs.  it's likely that you just got a lower end 8800, or your radeon had more graphical memory.

• Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »
Well it certainly speeded up greatly. I can play with every setting on high with tons of ships at high fps. But Im still curious about the settings of my drivers :/

one of the older pics (the one with the sun) and the new one on the default map.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 01:45:16 PM »
Well, if you can tell me how you made your graphics card like that in the first pic, I'll be your slave :P.

But it seems fine to me. Going further away and fuzzing up is just a game engine thing (I think in my completely unprofessional view).
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

• Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 02:52:24 PM »
Yeah i thought that aswell. But only until i saw the older pics xD