Author Topic: Is there an inaccurate pulse mod?  (Read 868 times)

djuice

Is there an inaccurate pulse mod?
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:30:42 AM »
I know that there is a inaccurate phaser mod, that came with KM1.0, but is there a stand alone inaccurate pulse weapon mod?

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Is there an inaccurate pulse mod?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:31:16 AM »
Pulses already have inaccuracy.

djuice

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »
Do they, I see no dispersion pattern with them, they all seem to hit the same spot if fire @ that target.

I know that they have a chance to miss when firing @ a moving target, due to the time it takes the projectile to hit the target.

So what I was really asking is there a mod that adds dispersion to pulse weapons, like Sneaker's Inaccurate Phaser mod, which adds dispersion of Beam weapons.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 01:06:46 PM »
no, but you can reduce their accuracy by adjusting the different values in the pulse projectile's script

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »
I think what kirk means that if said target is moving, then yes, they are already innacurate.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

djuice

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 01:50:07 PM »
Here's my standard Disruptor code, with a launch speed of 100.0, its travelling @ a base speed of 63,000kph + Impulse speed of firing vessel, it has a base range of 50kms +- 5kms due to vessels speed.

This gives my disruptors an max range of roughly 60kms headon, or 40kms retreating, and an effective range of hitting a moving target of 35/25kms.

So is there a way to set dispersion, so not all projects travel the same path.

eg: Like the movie Nemesis, where the Scimitar fly's over the Enterprise and fires disruptors and hits various parts of the ship, is it possible to replicate that effect in BC? Currently all the disruptors would hit that 1 exact spot where your targeting.

Code: [Select]
def GetLaunchSpeed():
return(100.0)

def GetLaunchSound():
return("Klingon Disruptor")

def GetPowerCost():
return(10.0)

def GetName():
return("Disruptor")

def GetDamage():
return 625.0

def GetGuidanceLifetime():
return 0.0

def GetMaxAngularAccel():
return 0.025

def GetLifetime():
return 2.85

Offline USS Frontier

• Cookies: 562
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »
Hmmm.... The Scimitar did that in the movie because it was actually targeting multiple subsystems of the Enterprise at once.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
                    -Old Klingon Proverb
GravityFX Download
Galaxy Charts Download

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 06:34:58 PM »
Not sure if it's still in FoundationTechnologies, but when I made it work for AI I also included torpedoes and pulse weapons.

But as I said, I currently don't know if it made the final approval by Dasher when I added it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

djuice

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »
Well it would be kinda cool if there was a mod that added dispersion to torpedoes and pulses weapons too.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 07:33:44 PM »
well, that pulse is actually already set to be unguided, so the pulses would naturally all fly in a straight line out of the launchers, just like in reality.  imagine a machine gun, if I'm firing it on the run from the hip, the bullets will go all over the place, but if I lock it down completely, and don't allow it to move, all the rounds will hit exactly the same spot.  try firing on the move.

djuice

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 08:11:47 PM »
Well I understand your analogy, even if you bolt down a M249 SAW or any kind of firearm, and fire them, there is still dispersion created from barrel warping/moving parts, and projectile etc.

I can still see that overheating EM/Plasma coils on disruptor cannons could affect accuracy, but it would be negligible so therefore would probably go unnoticed. But from the show it just looks awesome, and would make for playing BC alot more interesting.