Author Topic: UFOP Ares class Battleship concept work....  (Read 8655 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: UFOP Ares class Battleship concept work....
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »
That's pretty nifty looking there Raven!

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2009, 12:16:29 PM »
I really like that cannon redesign.

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
  • Cookies: 531
  • Welcome to the Dark Side
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2009, 03:53:26 PM »
Thanks, the reshape of the blister just hit me when trying to fit in the prior cannon...it just asked for a flat wall to place it against, so I came up with what you see. Still working on reworking all the launchers, trying to reduce polys here and there so I can model in the phaser arrays.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2009, 01:26:38 AM »
Oh that's it! *rolls up sleeves & opens up the Mithra* xD

hehehe. :3

hey raven dude, in deflector forward torp launcher.jpg are the red torpedo launchers separate objects alltogether? Or have you booleaned them in? or what? :]

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2009, 08:02:21 AM »
Dunno, are they supposed to be that little? Im a little confused. I love the design, but they seem... tiny  :?

I think I watched Voyager too often... small ship -> big tubes

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2009, 11:02:08 AM »
Oh that's it! *rolls up sleeves & opens up the Mithra* xD

hehehe. :3

hey raven dude, in deflector forward torp launcher.jpg are the red torpedo launchers separate objects alltogether? Or have you booleaned them in? or what? :]

The red guys are modeled in.....and they are actually heavy cannons hehe. Both the main hull and the saucer have a set of heavy cannons ALA neghvar. The ones in the saucer are slower to recharge but more powerful...the ones in the main hull of course have higher ROF.

Ill post a scale picture compared to a Sov so you can see the torps are actually the right scale.

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2009, 11:21:27 AM »
Ok, here are the compare pics. Youll notice that the bridges are the same size, which is what I used to scale the rest of the ship properly.

Looking at these you can tell that the last thing this ship is is graceful. It looks downright portly compared to the sleek Sovereign. Thats the intent...this ship has massive amounts of armor, sacrificing impulse and warp speed for survivability. This vessel was specifically designed to engage in long battles with other capital ships and survive. It has 5 times the armor and 3 times the firepower of the Sov, but only about 70 percent of the maneuverability and 80 percent of her speed.

The fore alpha strike from this ship is especially murderous...it should be enough to completely destroy a ship in the Vorcha class range if in overload status at relatively close range. Even at long range the heavy cannons in the saucer are strong enough to collapse a single shield face on most capital ships.

Notice that the relative size (length) of the warp nacelles are the same, but they are more bulky...this represents the same output but more armor. Unlike Sov nacelles these can take quite a beating and still function, including direct hits to the radiator vents. The textures will show Defiant-like honeycomb armor on the vents, much like my Falcon design.

Not just the warp core but the ENTIRE engineering section can be jettisoned and the ship will remain fully functional...using the core in the saucer section. It can also jettison both nacelles and still travel at warp, using the saucer nacelles instead. Also note that the hangar bay is huge...it has a rear door and a dorsal spine door that can open ala-space shuttle to allow larger vessels inside the bay. She has a smaller hanger deck up on the dorsal spine as well, similar in location to the Sovs upper bay.

At any rate, here are the pics.

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2009, 11:41:39 AM »
Impressive. That looks absolutely gorgeos. Can see that it is the battleship of your choice in the ufp.

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline mayhemuk

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2009, 01:24:19 PM »
Omg she is amazing, she is a very impressive killing machine, i mean starship.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2009, 01:29:29 PM »
Top and Side views look greart. But theres something odd about seeing it on the front. But its still great!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2009, 01:43:04 PM »
The front view is a bit odd because of the way the engineering section fits into the hull.

The bottom of the saucer might look a bit odd as well....still havent added the details there yet.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »
I think I know why it looks odd to me. To me, the the engineering hull neck is too long/tall. Makes it look like a newly growing giraffe.

But it's your model and I'll let you got on with this pretty killing machine. :D
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »
Ah, I see what you are saying. It is a result of the sep form, underneath the saucer is a main hull that has a forward semi-saucer. I can post a pic with it saucerless if you want, I wanted the sep to look viable.

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2009, 03:21:38 PM »
Now, if that where to ram a Scimitar i think it would survive the encounter pretty well, nice job mate.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »
heh awesome model alright :)

though I still think those oddly tilted Nacelles throw off the front view.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline TripRussell

• Cookies: 0
    • http://www.c2r-3.us
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2009, 09:58:20 PM »
Very lovely model.  This will give any opposing force a run for their money.

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2009, 09:32:36 AM »
Just a heads up guys, Ive relocated to Massachusetts. There is some heavy stuff going on at Nightsoft since I refused to stay. Cant give details, except to say obviously that the website will be offline for a while.

At any rate Ill have an update on this ship shortly.

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »
Ok, one small update...the ventral side of the saucer. The detailing isnt done yet of course, but you get the idea.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2009, 10:26:32 AM »
heavy stuff? In a good way or a sh*t has hit the fan way? Or heavy drinking for the "raven is finally gone" party? 8)
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2009, 11:59:06 AM »
I looks good mate, is the rest of the mesh going to get this much attention?  :)