Author Topic: Eclipse Class RELEASED  (Read 39199 times)

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
Re: Eclipse Class
« Reply #600 on: December 15, 2009, 01:28:22 PM »
This ship is awesome :eek !!!! I see that when the ship is realised I will make:
Gaming down the BC
On a gaming machine of steel :D

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #601 on: December 15, 2009, 02:51:54 PM »
take your time, no rush.. approximately two weeks to get it done..  ;)

Have other projects too.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #602 on: December 16, 2009, 01:10:53 AM »
I'm pleased to report that the (many) phaser HP's are finished and balanced.  I've also finished the Quantum Pulse weapon.  

I've tried to realistically scale this ship's strength.  But I've got to say, anything from the 24th century is not a match.  This presents a dilemma, because I don't want to create a God ship.  So what I've done is put the linchpin in the shields.

The shield strength has been scaled up only a bit, not much more the Century Class.  However, the Eclipse Class will have rapidly recharging shields.  So, for example: Against one Dom War Romulan Warbird... no chance for the bird.  However, 3 of them can produce enough firepower to bring the ship's shields down and do damage before they return.

In effect what this will do is make the ship competitive with other ships of threat forces I will make from that time period, while making it very strong against older ships, but still vulnerable to being ganged up on by tough older ships.  Fair enough?

Quantum pulse is pretty devastating.  I will have a technical blurb about it on the site.  It's a brand new weapon that I created.  Phaser texture is also custom.

The ship will have maneuverability somewhere between a galaxy and the century.  It's a pretty big, heavy ship, despite being sleek.

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #603 on: December 16, 2009, 02:08:14 AM »
that reminds me.. will this ship use point defence phaser mod from KM? It's annoying to know that it is there, but not too many ships actually have it..
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #604 on: December 16, 2009, 05:37:28 AM »
Did you ever fix the transparent bussards problem DJ?

Would be great to see the insides of the bussards during gameplay.

Please dont use anything from KM. Some people dont have KM installed so it would be great to be able to use this ship without any requirement issues.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #605 on: December 16, 2009, 08:21:01 AM »
Adonis and I couldn't get the transparency working yet.  The bussards are painted on.  If we can get it figured out at some point, we'll release an update.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #606 on: December 16, 2009, 09:10:48 AM »
that reminds me.. will this ship use point defence phaser mod from KM? It's annoying to know that it is there, but not too many ships actually have it..
wasn't planning on it.  I never use them.

And no, the bussards are not transparent.  However, everything is still in place.

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #607 on: December 16, 2009, 10:33:15 AM »
Send me the nif and the texture of the bussards, I can get them to work.  But you cannot alter the nif afterwords (unless you use nifskope) or you will lose the transparency.  Of course, unless Adonis can still get the transparency, I'm willing to wait.  Not a problem.

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #608 on: December 16, 2009, 10:44:48 AM »
hardcore

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Aramus

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #609 on: December 16, 2009, 11:01:11 AM »
Adonis and I couldn't get the transparency working yet.  The bussards are painted on.  If we can get it figured out at some point, we'll release an update.

I take it, that its not just an alpha channel issue? Does BC handle TGA? have you tried reversing the normals of the faces around the bussard? would that just make them invisable? mesh opacity, as a seperate mesh object (not unified to the model) ??

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #610 on: December 16, 2009, 11:01:30 AM »
BC uses tga as a default.  Inverting the faces wouldn't look right.

Send me the nif and the texture of the bussards, I can get them to work.  But you cannot alter the nif afterwords (unless you use nifskope) or you will lose the transparency.  Of course, unless Adonis can still get the transparency, I'm willing to wait.  Not a problem.

I still have to convert the drive section and all that.  I'll let you know.

Offline admiral horton

• Cookies: 4
    • my devianart page
« Reply #611 on: December 16, 2009, 11:35:22 PM »
DJ What is the size of this class
i know the Century was about 702-712m
would this one be about 800-825m
there are great starship designs and there is crap

Please visit my Deviantart page at http://admiral-horton.deviantart.com/

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #612 on: December 17, 2009, 11:05:39 AM »
DJ has mentioned in a previos post that it is 1000-1050 metres. She's a big baby. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #613 on: December 17, 2009, 12:43:18 PM »
DJ has mentioned in a previos post that it is 1000-1050 metres. She's a big baby. :P

He also mentioned that when he started redoing the textures, he scaled her down a bit.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #614 on: December 17, 2009, 12:54:05 PM »
DJ What is the size of this class
i know the Century was about 702-712m
would this one be about 800-825m
Oh, I always thought Century is abou 600 meters long... at least I thought she's about the same or slightly smaller thatn Sovereign :P

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #615 on: December 17, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »

I take it, that its not just an alpha channel issue? Does BC handle TGA? have you tried reversing the normals of the faces around the bussard? would that just make them invisable? mesh opacity, as a seperate mesh object (not unified to the model) ??

The problem is that a ship of mine with the exact material setup (checked in NifSkope too) has them working, DJ's isn't. I don't get it. The only thing that comes to mind is the way both of us do textures, that somehow tga's made in max aren't the same as in photoshop...only if my BC install would cooperate, I could fix it easy...
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #616 on: December 17, 2009, 01:08:13 PM »

He also mentioned that when he started redoing the textures, he scaled her down a bit.

Yeah, he mentioned the length of the Eclipse after he started redoing the textures. I used the length to figure out the crew count which came to 1705.

Edit:
The windows have also been scaled up, scaling down the overall size of the ship.  Probably expect it to weigh in around 1000-1050m long when finished.

How many people would this carry?

Seems like you could accomdate it for the entire population of London!

I calculate that the Eclipse can carry up to 1705 people.

Galaxy = 642m
Eclipse = 1050m

1050/642
= 1.64 to 2 d.p (64% increase

Galaxy can carry 1040 people.

1040 x 1.64 = 1705.6 round down to 1705 (cos you cant have 3/5 of a person :P) = 1705 people.

Yay for maths lol.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #617 on: December 17, 2009, 04:55:48 PM »
Ohhh, okay, apologies Dalek.  My goof.  :funny

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #618 on: December 17, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »
but it is skinnier than the galaxy, like the sovereign, it was longer but had a crew count of 750
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #619 on: December 17, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
Galaxy-class is a artistic impression of a cobra with nacelles. Eclipse-class is more like Comodo dragon compared to it.. Bigger, bulkier, but she has legs to run with when necessary.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek