Author Topic: Eclipse Class RELEASED  (Read 39344 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: Eclipse Class
« Reply #540 on: December 07, 2009, 12:39:08 PM »
Wow DJ...you really have your ship's history and Trek-nobabble all figured out, excellent! :D

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #541 on: December 07, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »
I love it when you talk nerdy to me DJ. :P

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #542 on: December 07, 2009, 08:19:02 PM »
Quote from: blasphemer
These design elements are the result of the nacelles capacity for extremely high warp speeds. In early tests, it was found that the ships engines were capable of accelerating so quickly and reaching such high speeds that they would, on standard pylons, fly away from the ship. This effect had previously been documented aboard a shuttlecraft during transwarp experimentation in the late 24th century, but the designers of the Eclipse class had not forseen such a problem on a full size starship.

No DJ!

NO!

No transwarp experiments EVER took place aboard any shuttle. Not in the Delta Quadrant, not ANYWHERE! NO SPACE LIZARDS! *cries, rocking back and forth chanting "it never happened, it never happened"*
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #543 on: December 07, 2009, 08:42:15 PM »
haha!  episode wasn't bad til the space lizards. :funny

Offline Hellsgate

• Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
  • Cookies: 2
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #544 on: December 07, 2009, 08:52:35 PM »
Sweet renders. I can't wait to write a fic, pertaining to this one.

8 September 2386: The (Eclipse-Class) U.S.S. Tripoli, NCC 71644. A routine shakedown expedition leads the Captain and crew into a living nightmare. Reinvigorated "Terra Prime" radicals holding the staff of a Cold Station as insurance, are threatening to release virulent bio-hazards into the atmospheres of several A.Q. Alliance refugee ships holding vulnerable / involuntarily displaced civilians. Most of whom are carrying populations of extremely elderly and vulnerable new families into the Idran System. Their leader has misappropriated Starfleet resources to notify the closest available Gamma Quadrant authorities of the "barges of the dead". Several alien ships are approaching the cargo ships on an intercept course.  

If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #545 on: December 07, 2009, 09:29:39 PM »
Any chance of a youtube animation clip of this one separating or pulling out of its box-dock?

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #546 on: December 07, 2009, 10:08:01 PM »
Think you may have to revise your fanfic a bit Hellsgate. DJ Curtis wrote in one of the "tech pages", that the "Subspace Compression" technology on the Eclipse Class wasn't in use until around 2426. I suspect the entire class was launched around this time.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #547 on: December 07, 2009, 10:28:22 PM »
Well, it works for the early 2420's (Star Trek: Online timeline).  I'll give DJ Curtis a co-author credit, of course, but I'm going for a time period just long enough after Nemesis for there to be a ripple effect throughout the Federation, & people are still feasibly ticked-off (ie: Layton / DS9) enough to want to do something "Greenpeace"-style dramatic. They're infiltrating transports like Arcady's "Cleopatra's Needle" & Raven-Class science ships & spazzing like grounded fifteen year-old's. They're not genuine paramilitary threats but they'll set the A.Q. Alliance back a ways diplomatically-speaking.

Design by Arcady

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #548 on: December 08, 2009, 12:02:10 PM »
STO is set in 2409. You still have 17 years to wait for the subspace compression tech. And the whole Layton/DS9 thing was 4+ years before the events in Nemesis.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #549 on: December 09, 2009, 01:30:56 AM »
Damn this will be a great replacement for good ol' Galaxy ;) have another cookie forhard work you've done here DJ ;)

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #550 on: December 10, 2009, 03:50:21 PM »
I can't wait to see the Captain's Yacht interior and/or its dedicated docking airlock.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #551 on: December 12, 2009, 12:00:59 AM »
I am doing up a shuttle, maybe two, to go with the ship.  I actually used the ship's secondary hull, stripped down and simplified, for the base of the thing. :D

Going for a fairly straightforward, utilitarian design.  Something not too flashy or sleek.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #552 on: December 12, 2009, 01:21:12 AM »
Very nice. I don't know about you but it looks pretty sleek to me.

I like how you kept the deflector array on it.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #553 on: December 12, 2009, 08:06:55 AM »
Not entirely hooked on the deflector being there. Perhaps its a variant designed for travelling at faster warp speeds? :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #554 on: December 12, 2009, 08:17:59 AM »
yeah I don't think the deflector leaves room for the crew in the front...
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #555 on: December 12, 2009, 08:34:28 AM »
I like it. and since we don't have a clue how big or small this shuttle actually is, who are we to say that there's no room?
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline vgdude999

• Beginner HPer
« Reply #556 on: December 12, 2009, 08:47:40 AM »
looks good.

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #557 on: December 12, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
u are probably going to need to modify the shuttle nacelles since they also double as landing skids but im not sure how to pull off the right look other than that very nice idea

Offline Dalek

« Reply #558 on: December 12, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »
There isn't any sitting space, not without kneeling on the floor. There need to be some major adjustments made to make it seem possible to sit and walk around and if that does happen, it'll look like a bus.

- Lorien

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #559 on: December 12, 2009, 08:58:47 AM »
Cute shuttle.

Dalek: Maybe it's bigger on the inside...  :roll