Author Topic: kessok - sp campaign  (Read 832 times)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
kessok - sp campaign
« on: March 06, 2009, 05:32:16 AM »
Hi,
   I'm having trouble with the Kessok. I'm playing the un-modded game and have reach the level where you have to give cover to Cmdr Willis assault team on Tessel 1.

I go into this stage of the level with no Quantum torps left, but the ship has full power and no damage.

When the first Kessok ship shows up I target the repair systems. I try and keep on top of my repairs but the ship is soon destroyed when the other Kessok show up.

Any other tactics I should know about?
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
Re: kessok - sp campaign
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 07:32:25 AM »
I think i went for their TorpedoTubes lasttime i played. As far as I remember it is direct at the front and has not so much Hitpoints as the Repairsystem.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 07:53:46 AM »
avoid their torpedos as they are powerful also when it comes to heavy Kessok get on its back as they have almost no weapons coverage on the aft. Light kessok depends on their repair system but I found it easier to beat them when I shoot down their engines so they can't cycle through weapons - they also have poor aft coverage tho due to better maneuverability it's hard to sit on their tail

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 04:46:49 PM »
avoid their torpedoes but don't aim to specific areas, just turn over and over until the torpedo is out of range.
just target the weapons that are facing you, torpedoes being a priority. then just go for their engines or warp core

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 10:04:38 PM »
don't run out of quantums.

Edit, within the next couple of missions Liu will award you with the Phased Plasma Torps, those are much more effective against Kessok, until then, conserve your quantums, Photons work just fine against the odd Keldon, also there are a couple of different points throughout the game where you can find additional quantums.  in the mission where you find the damaged freighter, scan it and you will receive a fresh load of quantums, later on there is a point where you rendezvous with the Geronimo, if you scan them, McCray will give you some of his.