Author Topic: Cloak Firing in Multiplayer  (Read 589 times)

Wilhelm

Cloak Firing in Multiplayer
« on: February 21, 2009, 03:20:49 AM »
Hello all ,

Im new to these forums so I hope im posting this in the correct manner. First off ive done numerous searches for this subject and i havnt had much luck finding the answer im looking for..
so if anyone would please help me here or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated..?
Im new to BC multiplayer and I had an experience on a server one day where I was attacked by a cloaked ship that was firing while cloaked.. i know this is possible with the Scimitar class ship (if the host has the script enabled only??) Ive also heard reports by others with this happening on other normal servers but with other ships that do not have cloaking abilities... (like a heavy cruiser that is firing under cloak ) I would like to know if this is possible... how this is possible, and how would i prevent such a thing if I were to host a game myself.
(using the latest KM MP btw)
please let me know if i need to provide more information..
and thanks in advance for any help

Regards,
Wilhelm

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Cloak Firing in Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 06:49:10 AM »
I haven't heard about this before, but what I have heard about is that people used newly introduced ships (on only a few installs participating) in Turkey Shoot, which resulted in the ship being used for TS not appearing (visible at any rate) for the people without that ship.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Wilhelm

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 05:03:12 AM »
Thank you for your reply .. i have confirmed with another player that this is a possibility in turkey shoot mode.. however i talked to a fellow player and was told that this any ship cloak firing issue happened on a regular death match server ... im actually hoping to have this happen to me so i can see for myself to get a better picture  .. but for now it will have to remain a mystery ..   

Thanks again

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 12:47:11 PM »
two ships have cloak fire ability in Turkey shoot.

The st6 bop and Scimitar.

However BC MP can be hacked and that's what is happening with other ships being able to cloak fire.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.