Author Topic: Dalek Model/s and Renders when bored WIP  (Read 911 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Dalek Model/s and Renders when bored WIP
« on: April 17, 2009, 11:44:17 AM »
Well. It had to happen someday. But I now have Max! And heres a really cruddy attempt at Red Dwarf.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

Re: First 3ds Max Model
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »
Heres a cruddy (another one :P) attempt at a TOS Nacelle.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 02:58:01 PM »
theres a smoothing error on your nacelle, but it looks alot better than my first model r you doin the whole ship or just playing around for a bit to get your feet wet?
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Dalek

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 03:12:52 PM »
Playing around until I learn enough to do the whole model.

- Lorien

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 03:23:19 PM »
take a tour around scifi-meshes.com and check some tutorials.
Max can be tricky, but what you need most is time. specially to wait until the render finishes so you can see if it turned out alright

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 01:05:54 AM »
thats good that ur playing around to learn the ropes, max CAN be confusing, ( i have 3 textbooks on it and im still confused about some things... namely texturing...) heck, thats how i learned it, but once you get the tools down and find your own style and ways of doing things, ull be gravy. good luck! look forward to future works!
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Dalek

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »
Well, here is something which will eventually go with my Andromeda Ship Pack: the Magog Worldships Point Singularity Turret. Is as big as half a Super Star-Destroyer.

- Lorien

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 01:28:12 PM »
Looking pretty good, dude :)
I'm thinking this thread could be renamed "Dalek Model WIPs", because there are already at least 3 models up here ;)
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
Re: Dalek Model/s WIP
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »
 :shock: niiiiiiiiiiice, looks good dude!
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Dalek

Re: Dalek Model/s and Renders when bored WIP
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 03:22:34 PM »
A render with the high poly MWS (70000 polies! :S).

- Lorien

Offline Armondikov

• Cookies: 21
Re: Dalek Model/s and Renders when bored WIP
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 06:57:05 PM »
The Red Dwarf almost looks better than the ones in the new series.  8)
"This is my Earth, and it's fine. It's where I spend the vast majority of my time. It's not perfect, but it's mine."