Author Topic: Green and Blue Screen in ST: BC  (Read 572 times)

Offline LordReserei

• Cookies: 10
    • Youtube Channel
Green and Blue Screen in ST: BC
« on: February 18, 2009, 02:22:26 PM »
So I've gotten into making ST: BC vids and putting them on youtube for a while now, each time trying to improve the production and around 10mins before writing this I got thinking....is it possible to create a system or mod where any numbers of ships are in a space of blue or green giving you the ability to do some green screen or blue screen stuff in video editing software like they do for movies instead of having rotoscope which I have difficulty doing.

Wanna see the vids I've made?....well here's a couple, old and new, 4:3 High Quality and 16:9 720p HD

&feature=channel_page (Star Trek: Koyabashi Maru, after playing and downloading it for the first time - 16:9 720p HD)

&feature=channel_page (Star Trek: Bridge Commander. using multiple mods - 16:9 720p HD)

&feature=channel_page (Star Trek: Pheonix Rising, concept where Star Wars and Star Trek meet - 4:3 Standard Quality)

Any suggestions and advice will be much appreciated. =)

&feature=channel_page (Star Trek: Legacies, a vid showing what Enterprises I had installed at the time - 4:3 Standard Quality)

Any suggestions and advice will be much appreciated. =)
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit|Asus M5A97 R2.0|Phenom II x6 1090T BE|24GB DDR3 1600MHz|XFX HD6870 1GB|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB/Seagate Barracuda 2TB|CM Elite 430|CM TX3 Evo

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Green and Blue Screen in ST: BC
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 02:31:40 PM »
If you open up the "stars.tga" in the data folder, (data/stars.tga) make a back up of it somewhere else and paint the stars.tga green/blue (so it looks like a green/blue block instead of stars) and then your done! Just make sure you record where there aren't any nebulas.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 03:05:45 PM »
I prefer actually using orange or purple because it contrasts more with the ship and doesn't interfere with the colors of the ship as much.

Offline LordReserei

• Cookies: 10
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »
sweet!...thanks for the help and I think I'll try that out, the orange or purple too...never would've thought of that. =)
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit|Asus M5A97 R2.0|Phenom II x6 1090T BE|24GB DDR3 1600MHz|XFX HD6870 1GB|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB/Seagate Barracuda 2TB|CM Elite 430|CM TX3 Evo