Author Topic: Removing KM from my computer  (Read 672 times)

Offline Quacking

• Cookies: 0
Removing KM from my computer
« on: February 01, 2009, 08:01:05 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new. And I'm saying hi. So that's exciting.

So how do I remove KM from my install and start a new copy of BC? I've tried reinstalling BC but it forces me to install KM before it will work.

Thanks in advance.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
Re: Removing KM from my computer
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 08:17:46 AM »
Wellcome here

I've tried reinstalling BC but it forces me to install KM before it will work.

Could you explain to me how it forces you to do that? Normally it should work without KM. If it doesn't, what is it saying?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 08:30:45 AM »
You can reinstall BC by saving it to another directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Activision\Bridge Commander New" or something different to "Bridge Commander") or to remove KM:

1. Go to "Uninstall BC". It will say that there other elements that could not be removed.
2. Delete the "other elements". They should be folders and delete all of them.
3. Install BC again.
4. Enjoy your clean BC install!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Quacking

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »
Well, it's a black screen.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »
With, or without Cursos? If there is a Cursor, start BC in "TestMode" (Write that into the Desctop Connection) and post a Console Report here. (there are Stickis somewhere about how to start Testmode and get a Report)