Author Topic: NanoFXv2 and orbitting a planet  (Read 759 times)

black_violin

NanoFXv2 and orbitting a planet
« on: January 29, 2009, 09:04:04 AM »
when i was playing the missions were i had to orbit alioth 6 i.e. the missions where i lose and retrieve Data, i noticed that when i have nanofx turned on, i don't get to orbit the planet, i just wobble in and out of robit but not establishing orbit. it's okay with the first mission when i lose Data but it's a pain in the neck when i try to retrieve him since i have to be in orbit, not just close to the planet.

is there a fix for this? i read in an entry here before that i was not the only who experienced this but i'm not sure if there is a fix already.:D

thank you.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: NanoFXv2 and orbitting a planet
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:09:34 AM »
most mods are not compatible with SP...  if you wish to play SP, you should turn off all the mutators...
or consider an install that has BC Supermod 3.0 (you can find it at BCFiles) which was designed for SP-use...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:59:08 PM »
Try turning off atmospheres in the NanoFX configuration.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 05:17:09 PM »
although jimmys essentially right, you can get it to work in SP if you turn off certain features like the warp system and a couple other things,  You might want to try making sure you're orbiting the "Alioth 6" object and not the "Class X Planet" Nanofx creates those atmosphere's by essentially creating another planet over Alioth.

black_violin

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:13:38 AM »
i turned of the atmospheres and the warp fx. still the same thing.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »
Turn off NanoFX then.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.