Author Topic: Pulse Weapons  (Read 1338 times)

Offline DKealt

• Cookies: 4
Pulse Weapons
« on: February 18, 2009, 10:14:58 AM »
I'm having an odd problem with scripting some disruptor weapons;

In the KM1.0 pack, iv often found that the charges are incorrect.

ie. The Defiant has been scripted with...

Max Charge:8
Max Damage: 1
Max Damage Distance:100
Min Firing Charge: 1
Normal Discharge Rate: 1
Recharge Rate: 0.9

This results with the ship firing 8 pulses at Max state, but often it just fires 4 and dries up, I just can't figure out why.
I've thought that it mite be sue to increasing the power of the weapons to 125%, but I can't be sure

Any help would be much appreciated

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Pulse Weapons
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 10:39:27 AM »
Whats the Max Charge level (not max state)?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 12:35:15 PM »
Do your projectiles have a launch cost?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline DKealt

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:30:32 PM »
ah yes they do have a launch cost, its

def GetPowerCost
     return(10.0)

As for the above mentioned Max. Charge which i mentioned was 8, im unsure as to the difference between Max. Charge and Max. State.

How does the PowerCost of a projectile affect the ship subsystems?

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 04:46:17 AM »
Please note that these values are only correct for medium phaser settings (50%): The strength of your phaser do affect the Pulse Phasers.

So if you set the strength to 0 you will be able to fire a lot of Pulse Phasers which will do not much damage or, if you set it to 100% you will only be able to fire few projectiles which will do a lot damage.

Offline DKealt

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 01:06:22 PM »
Im confused as to the refered percentages.

How do you set your weapons to 0%, 50% and 100% etc. as far as Im aware, the only place you can do that is in the power menu ingame,

but that only alters the recharge speed of the weapons.

The way the HP is set up now it should fire 8 pulses to drain the charge completly, which it does,

The problem is often that for some reason it will only fire 4

I also have this on other ships, some Romulan ships are set to fire 2 pulses to drain, but sometimes they just won't fire.

Ive had an idea that it might be caused by raising the weapons power to 125% before first draining them but im unsure of this

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 01:15:45 PM »
If you would use the best and biggest *cough* mod pack out there you wouldn't ask this question :)

Search BCU for "Mleo Detail  fix" ...wait... BCU is down.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 02:02:27 PM »
Ugh, I really need to get that (old) mod sorted out!

But if you don't have the Phaser Power Slider, then you have to assume the 50% mentioned.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline DKealt

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »
Oooooooooo!!!!

Lol I'm really special, I didn't understand that you were refering to the power slider bar,

No problem here at all then, too me a while to understand what I was doing, really simple answer in the end

Yes it only fire 4 pulses when I've boosted the weapon strength